E F Earlsweetgirl 02/26/03 -12/09/14 (Foster)Sweet

FiveRoooooers

Dear Jan.....leaking eyes here. I'm so sorry that it was Sweet's time. Spending 14.2 months at Camp Greyhound was heaven on earth for her,

I'm sure. You gave her all the love she'd been missing. That photo of her checking on Seamie on the bed in the yard is absolutely the most

precious thing ever. It's like he's looking up at her as if to say......"it's ok, babe, I'm fine."

Happy Trails, lovely Sweet. May your start shine bright..........right next to Seamie's.

Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Godspeed Sweet f_yellow I'm so sorry for your loss. :grouphug

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

I'm just heartbroken to read this, but what a lovely tribute. She was so lucky to have that time with you--and to know such love. Thanks for sharing her with us. I'm so very sorry for your loss.

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

What a stunningly beautiful tribute to your good girl. How lucky we were to have met her last Christmas. Godspeed, Sweet. :(

11613742993_bbdb3f3de7_z.jpg

Sweet by 45mphk9, on Flickr

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

How good of you to give Sweet the life she so deserved. I am sorry it has come to an end & she is with Seamus. After all as you said that is why she came to you in the 1st place

Sweet RIP you deserve it :f_pink:f_pink

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

I'm so sorry, beautiful tribute, she did have the very best home in her last 14 months, you gave her love and Seamie loved and accepted her, truly the best we can hope for.

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

What a stunningly beautiful tribute to your good girl. How lucky we were to have met her last Christmas. Godspeed, Sweet. :(

11613742993_bbdb3f3de7_z.jpg

Sweet by 45mphk9, on Flickr

There she is :beatheart Tricia, thank you for posting that.

I cannot thank all of you enough for the strength you are sending me. :grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Oh, Jan, I am just seeing this. I am so very sorry. She actually sounds so much like my Zoe and they even looked very similar. Zoe never met a dog she didn't tell off - at least twice. I hope she finds her over the bridge and those two can rule the roost together.

Hugs to you, my friend.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Oh, my gosh, how you loved her! The absolute most perfect thing that could happen to a complex, quirky, old broodie would be to spend her last years with you as her Mom. It's sad that you didn't have more time together, but she made the most of every second, while giving you an irreplaceable gift. How blessed you both were. Thank-you for sharing her unique spirit with us in your lovely tribute---tears and smiles.

I'm so sorry you lost your precious Sweet.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

So special..............so quirky..................so Sweet.

I am so sorry for your loss.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Edited by FiveRoooooers

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Guest PiagetsMom

Jan, I was out of town last week and am just now seeing this.....I'm so sorry that you had to say goodbye to Sweet. I know her time with you was short, but every senior who comes to Camp Greyhound is so lucky to have found their way to you. You give them everything they need, and love them with your whole heart - they could not wish for more. Sending you a very heartfelt :grouphug - you're in my thoughts.

Aw, Jan, so sorry it was time for Sweet to go join Seamie. You gave her a wonderful life full of love and companionship, though. Hugs to you and the rest of the campers.

Kate, with Nedra and Holly
Missing Greyhound Angels Mango, Takoda, Ruger, Delta, and Shiloh, kitty Angel Hoot, cat-tester extraordinaire, and Rocky, the stray cat who came to stay for a little while and then moved on.
Greyhounds Unlimited

She was so blessed to have found you! Those pictures of her with Seamus are just beautiful.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh Jan. I'm so sorry. I didn't even know she had gone.

Run in Peace, Sweet Girl! You are missed............

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

• 2 weeks later...