A Nipple Thread

I cannot believe I am posting about this, and fully realize that this thread might go by the way of the olives and hoo-hoos, but here goes nothing...

As many of your know, I have two female greyhounds. Luna, the oldest of the two, retired at about age 3.5, was spayed, sent to my group, and I adopted her. Her nipples are not at all noticeable, and could easily be mistaken for a mole or freckle. Nova, my newer hound, retired at almost 5, was spayed, sent to my group, and I adopted her. The difference is that her nipples are substantially larger and very pronounced. Neither hound has had puppies.

So, here are my questions. Could this have anything to do with the age in which they were spayed? Or could it have something to do with their hormone levels (such as being closer to when they would have been in heat) at the time of their spay? Will Nova's nipples ever decrease in size as she ages? I've always been curious as to why they are so different.

The hounds are hiding out lest I should try to photograph them, but if photos are needed for the sake of science, it could be arranged.

Laura, mom to Luna (Boc's Duchess) and Nova (Atascocita Venus).
Forever in my heart, Phantom (Tequila Nights) and Zippy (Iruska Monte).

Nothing will ever beat the olives thread! All females, are not created equal...dogs or humans!

I adopted two nine year old brood litter mates who were spayed the same day. Misty has huge nipples, and Gigi does not.

My friend has a black lab who had huge nipples from puppyhood. She was spayed at 3, is now 5, and her nipples never changed.

Thank you all for reaffirming my assumptions! To be honest, I tend to forget about the whole thing, until someone will awkwardly bring it up or ask me how many puppies Nova has had.

Nothing will ever beat the olives thread!

No truer words were ever written.

This thread reminds me of the first time I had to take a shower in 7th grade PE. The horror, the horror! (sorry for the hijack)

:lol The hounds would be mortified if they knew I was talking about them in this way on a public forum.

Laura, mom to Luna (Boc's Duchess) and Nova (Atascocita Venus).
Forever in my heart, Phantom (Tequila Nights) and Zippy (Iruska Monte).

She could have gone through one or more heat cycles, or the track hormones could have affected her differently. My Toni had very prominent "nibbles" when she came home, and after a few months they had decreased and were barely noticeable.

The other memorable thread was the "cheese" thread!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly