Newbie Question - Height Of Greyhound Food/water Area

Guest minwalker

Guest minwalker

Is 22 inches too high for a 70lb male? Most books say 12-16 inches but we were trying to reuse a shelf with underneath storage for our first ever Greyhound. Appreciate I ate any help on this.

Thanks,

M&W

Guest minwalker

Thank you all - decided on a nice sturdy tote with recessed top to hold the food bowl and the waterer. About 15" tall and tonight ran a first test with our new grey and worked great!!

• 4 weeks later...

Bear in mind that hounds at the track and in training generally eat out of a bucket or bowl on the floor.

There is no actually NEED for elevated feeders, so whatever your dog likes is fine.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

:lol Felix. We use flower pots from Home Depot that hold our stainless steel feed bowls quite nicely.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Guest normaandburrell

My impression was that elevated feeders help prevent boat. That said, my dog's front legs shake whenever he tries to eat something off the floor.