Sign in to follow this  
Guest Johberry

Bathroom Attendant

Guest Johberry

We've had our 4-year-old boy for 3 months now and he's clearly settled in quite nicely. Lately, when DBF or myself is in the bathroom getting ready, Enzo likes to hang out next to the bathtub. Perhaps it has something to do with the new cushioned bathmat we got from Target? Lol.

"Hello, my name is Enzo and I rule this humble abode."

IMG_20141205_140947_zps5eb433d6.jpg

Edited by Johberry

Yep, I am also apparently unable to go the bathroom I supervised. When my parents visited and I closed the door I thought Masob was going to have apoplexy. Everytime I opened the door, there he was. 😄

Your boy is quite handsome.

Since bringing Mercury home 4 months ago, I haven't had to potty or shower all by my lonesome even once!

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Missing my heart dog Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

What a handsome boy! And I do believe he might just be waiting for his tip. :lol

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

"Hey, if you didn't want company, you wouldn't have put this nice cushy here for me, yeh?"

Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog.

Yep, I am also apparently unable to go the bathroom I supervised

When I first adopted Sammi, my son had finally outgrown the toddler stage where he had to follow me into the bathroom. Finally! Peace and quiet! Right? Wrong. Enter Sammi, who had to not only be in the bathroom with me, but stand nose to nose with me sitting, wagging her tail encouragingly. I imagined that because I praised her for going potty outside, that she thought that I was unable to go without praise. :blink: That her tail wagging, nose-to-nose stance, was her version of, "Good girl! Go potty!"

sammi knows humans are not safe if left to their own devices in that littlest room. you could drown, or slip and injure yourself. or get wet & melt. i couldn't get poppy into the porcelain room for love nor money. or sausages. it has a shower. she might melt. like my two greyhounds before her. waiting outside the door in case of me having an emergency is preferable. i always open the door slowly justincase to avoid doggy impact.

CAVE CANEM RADIX LECTI ET SEMPER PARATUS
twoangelandpoppysigpic.png
------------Real Dogs Have Tattoos or Feathered Ears!-------------------
Vegetarians: My food poops on your food.

He's a beauty. Obviously very attached to his humans too.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest chickenpotpie

:hehe I'm thankful that Lucky is ok with me in the bathroom....as long as she can see me go in and come out.

Guest Jacks_Human

So cute!

Jack does the same thing-- he sits like a sphinx as I get ready (and then leaps up and does his twirly dance when I put my shoes on, because that means it's time to go).

Guest Johberry

So cute!

Jack does the same thing-- he sits like a sphinx as I get ready (and then leaps up and does his twirly dance when I put my shoes on, because that means it's time to go).

That's funny he does a twirly dance. :)

Enzo will sometimes "sit" next/behind me and watch me do my makeup some mornings (I sit on the bedroom floor in front of a full-length mirror). First, if my hair is still wet, he'll come over and sniff me as if he's making sure I'm okay then will proceed to sit in a sphinx pose next to me and watch me put my face on. I find it very amusing!

Edited by Johberry

Ha! I've had greyhounds since 2001...and I now have a 2 year old little girl. I haven't been to the bathroom by myself in who knows how long!

2 Hounds Design Martingale Collars | 2 Hounds Design Facebook Page

2HDgtSiggy2-2_zpsebfc14a9.jpg
Alisha, Bob, Livvie (the 2.5 year old!) plus Mia Bella, Tippy, + Wahoo and Diesel the crazy kitties (and missing sweet Iceman, Paradise, Bandit, Cujo & Sebastian) in Indian Trail, NC

It's the opposite of a human attendant in that you have to give HIM things... treats, loves, scritches, lol.

Missing my bridge greys Opal and Eden and cat Bailey. Mom to Missy the Super Mutt and recent foster failure of Miley to mini-mutt.

Guest allopatry

"Hello, my name is Enzo and I rule this humble commode."

Mercury has a very simple rule: If you're sitting down, you can pet me at the same time. (I've gotten pretty good at sitting at the computer and typing one handed.)

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Missing my heart dog Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

what a cutie pie :) :) :)

yup, I haven't gone potty unsupervised (and one of them usually comes for petting, they know they have a captive crowd :lol) since 1991 when I got my first Lab, Chester :D

Kim, Bruce, Larry (PTL LaRoach) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It) - missing my sweet Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011) and Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Chester (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I have 2 bathroom attendants and they do take bacon as a tip. Thank goodness I have a door on the actual toilet area. There are also issues of one the bathroom attendants coming to drink bath water. Once my husband gave her too much soapy water and there was a colon cleanse that took place in the next 8 hours. It wasn't pretty, but she still loves drinking bath water, and any left over beer from the bottle husband drinks in the bath.

5621ebf0-6541-442b-a53f-100a3975572f_zps