Faecal Incontinence In Elderly Greyhound

Guest Jude

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT

My precious Momma Seabird is almost 15. I have messes-often big messes- most every day. I never interfere with her diet. I want her to eat all she will all the time. I deal with the messes. She can't help it. Small price to pay for my dear little old lady.

silverfish - just in case this helps, what worked for us when Doc had a UTI was an old shower curtain tucked around his (duvet) bed, then on top of that a large but very lightweight polyester counterpane from the charity shop. The counterpane was easy to chuck in the washing machine and the shower curtain could be rinsed and dried on the line at the same time. He is a bit of a nester too, but both of these covers were large enough for him not to scrabble them off. It would also be possible to reinforce the arrangement a bit I should think by adding fastenings underneath - maybe using the shower curtain rings, or running a tie or some heavy elastic round the edge, like a big bath hat!

I think he's too much of a nester for that. Also I'd worry that he'd slip on the shower curtain if it got exposed. He does have degenerative myelopathy, they tell me... :(

My precious Momma Seabird is almost 15. I have messes-often big messes- most every day. I never interfere with her diet. I want her to eat all she will all the time. I deal with the messes. She can't help it. Small price to pay for my dear little old lady.

Sweet old girl! Good for you! :wub:

Those are exactly the sort of beds that he likes, but I'm not sure the biggest one is big enough for him, sadly.

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop