Sign in to follow this  
dostacos

How To Tell Your Greyhound Just Came Back From The Groomers

The East Coast version of this would be mud.

But seriously -- what is there to professionally groom on a greyhound?

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, Milo, and Jeter

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, and Nutmeg

LOL And I'm remembering the time I had spent thoroughly bathing and grooming a white horse......only to have her proceed to the paddock and do exactly that.....lay in the good ol' dirt.

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015

The East Coast version of this would be mud.

But seriously -- what is there to professionally groom on a greyhound?

I am in a wheelie chair so I cannot do baths well and I will NOT do nails, I am a wimp on that, besides I have separation anxiety so it gives me some alone time :hehe:gh_run2:couchjump

LOL And I'm remembering the time I had spent thoroughly bathing and grooming a white horse......only to have her proceed to the paddock and do exactly that.....lay in the good ol' dirt.

I worked on a ranch and we, among other things, raised quarter horses. EVERY horse we bathed would immediately to the fire drill, stop, drop and ROLL :rofl:gh_run2:sofa

Capture-002.jpg

CAVE CANEM RADIX LECTI ET SEMPER PARATUS
twoangelandpoppysigpic.png
------------Real Dogs Have Tattoos or Feathered Ears!-------------------
Vegetarians: My food poops on your food.

:lol Seems any clean dog just itches to get dirty again!!!

Some breeds need to be trimmed, anal glands expressed and hair pulled out of their ears in addition to bath and TNT so that is a full groom and can get quite pricey. Never had a greyhound that needed that. Maybe just ask the people at Petco about the difference in a full groom spa day and a bath and TNT spa day. ????? Might save you a few pesos.

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

And it's not only Greyhounds either:

When I was growing up as a kid on the farm some friends from the city visited and asked if they could give our 'dirty/smelly' Border Collie a bath.

OK... but outside only.

They got him lovely and clean and the moment they got him what they thought was dry enough, he bounded away out into the farmyard and rolled in a not-so-fresh cow pat!

:lol Seems any clean dog just itches to get dirty again!!!

Some breeds need to be trimmed, anal glands expressed and hair pulled out of their ears in addition to bath and TNT so that is a full groom and can get quite pricey. Never had a greyhound that needed that. Maybe just ask the people at Petco about the difference in a full groom spa day and a bath and TNT spa day. ????? Might save you a few pesos.

He gets an oatmeal bath {helps dry skin} then ears, teeth and nails. that is the short hair spa day, they have prices on the wall and cuts and blow drys are NOT on our list :hehe:gh_run2:sofa

Guest chickenpotpie

Gosh that first pic looks so familiar.... :beatheart:hehe I'm just glad we have enough grass that she ends up on that and not straight up dirt!

Gosh that first pic looks so familiar.... :beatheart:hehe I'm just glad we have enough grass that she ends up on that and not straight up dirt!

grass? What is this grass you speak of? When we moved in the seller stopped watering the grass so we had DEAD grass and EVERY time we go ready to plant there was a drought so dirt and mow the weeds :whiteflag:gh_run2:sofa

Guest Jacks_Human

Hahaha! Beeline for the dirt :P

My mum's husky used to do the same thing if he got bathed-- the first chance he got, he's race into the dirt and roll around.

Guest chickenpotpie

grass? What is this grass you speak of? When we moved in the seller stopped watering the grass so we had DEAD grass and EVERY time we go ready to plant there was a drought so dirt and mow the weeds :whiteflag:gh_run2:sofa

In our back yard which is her territory, weeds=grass :hehe