Sign in to follow this  
a_daerr

Happy Ampu-Versary, Henry!

When we got Henry's diagnosis last year, the vet had told me that best case scenario, I'd have 6-12 months left with him. But today, my boy marks the first year of his journey into tripawdhood, cancer-free.

The night before surgery, Henry's friends threw him a tripod-to-be party in the lobby of the e-vet's office.

ziriww.jpg

First pics after surgery.

25yztvl.jpg

noy62c.jpg

After the surgery, in his "hospital bed." Note his special GT Secret Santa gifts from Chris. :)

11_zpse511bdf1.jpg

Two and a half weeks after amp (Henry's 6th birthday), hiking like a boss. You can see his back end is still shaved.

(This was when I stopped doubting I made the right decision)

Heen_zps6ccb0e4d.jpg

Playing in the mud, three months post-amp (less than a week after his first chemo session).

37f8ae08-b4ec-49ec-9228-a41d530a13f8_zps

2014 GIG Blur of Fur... 29MPH!

Henry had so many supporters- he got stopped on the street by people who followed his cancer thread.

ht8pds.png

Seven months post-amp, during the photo shoot I scheduled when I thought he was going to die.

2m41tw5.jpg

Happy ampu-versary to my special tripawd.

Looking great Henry!!! You deserve all the treats possible today as it's a very special day.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Woohooo! Keep on goin' Henry! :D. :confetti

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Congratulations Henry !!!!! :balloonparty

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge

Oh, Alicia, that is awesome news! He looks great, and seems to have adjusted beautifully. It's a scary thing when you are trying to decide---I'm glad he has gotten (and will continue to get) so much wonderful quality time. It's amazing how much positive attention the tripods get, isn't it? I know Winnie inspired so many people, even an elderly man who had to have his foot amputated. And when she did the obstacle course at GIG, there wasn't a dry eye in the crowd!

I LOVE that picture of him in his pre-amp hat. He is adorable!

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina, Kiva and Laila, and kitty Simon
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, and kitties Lily and Sam
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Congratulations Henry! It seems just like yesterday I was reading the horrible news! I hope you party hard, you deserve it!!!!!

So glad your boy has this anniversary. He is an inspiration, not to mention he's really gorgeous.

Yay!! Happy ampu-versary, Henry (and Alicia and Sterling!) You are a remarkable pup!!

GT_signature4_zpsfaaf7821.jpg

Padfoot the greyhound fr. Coach Venom, Joined his forever family: 10-1-13

Lupin the galgo, Joined his forever family: 7-18-14
And the reptiles: Bernie the Bearded Dragon and Tonks the Russian Tortoise

Way to go Henry! Can't believe it's already been a year! Here's to many more special man!

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds: Kili (ATChC AgMCh Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly RN IP MSCDC MTRDC ExS Bronze ExJ Bronze ) and Kenna (Lakilanni Kiss The Sky RN MADC MJDC AGDC AGEx AGExJ). Waiting at the Bridge: Retired racer Summit (Bbf Dropout) May 5, 2005-Jan 30, 2019

Like us on Facebook!

Good Job Henry. You just keep proving to those dogtors that they are wrong!

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015

:confettiwonderful pics and update

Edited by greytpups

Jan with precious pups Katie Crazykatiebug, Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; and Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will heal and you will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest Johberry

Love the pictures, thank you for sharing. Happy Ampu-versary, sweet boy! :)