Last Letter From Chase: 3/17/1997 - 11/30/2014

Magdalene

Not-so-dear Idiot Dog-Lovin' Humans,

I'm having the Idiot Feral Human relay my last words, because 1.) I can, and 2.) I can. You need any more reason than that, you ain't been paying attention.

After 17 years of trying to train an Idiot Feral Human, three Stupid Greyhounds (they still ain't grey), and an Idiot Girl Kitten, I'm wore out. Time for me to go. I'm leaving the Idiot Girl Kitten in charge (I think we all know how well *that's* likely to turn out). If the Idiot Feral Human doesn't get herself offed in the next six months, it means I trained Paintball well enough to take care of 'em. I ain't countin' on that, but we'll see how that goes.

It's been a lot of fun all these years, draggin' the Idiot Feral Human's underwear through the house and embarrassin' her, smackin' Stupid Greyhounds around, and.....well, I ain't never been sure what to make of the Idiot Girl Kitten at times. Kinda an embarrassment to catkind, that one. Ain't my problem no more, though.

The Idiot Feral Human held me on her lap as I got ready to go. She told me to go find Summer, the Stupid Greyhound who went two years ago. Great. That's a reunion to look forward to. ::eyeroll:: Hope this 'afterlife' smartened her up so I don't have to start trainin' her all over again to respect me. Ain't sure what kind of afterlife it'll be if I gotta keep puttin' up with Stupid Greyhounds, but it makes the Idiot Feral Human feel better so fine, I'll go along with it. ::glare::

The 'fan club' here (as the Idiot Feral Human calls it) will be missed. Here, at least I got the worship and respect I deserve. My Idiot Feral human was okay on the first one, not so good on the second (she had this weird notion *she* was in charge of the house.)

I'm miss the Idiot Feral Human, I guess. She was good for some things, like feeding me and pushy-pawing her face just as she was about to fall asleep. It amused me to do that. Good reminder of who ran things around here. Not that she ever really got it. I wish the Idiot Girl Kitten luck with this--she'll need it.

Adios to all of you. I may see you on the flipside, but I am a cat, and that means I ain't required to acknowledge you, unless you give me the respect and worship I deserve first.

Hisses,

Chase

I'm so sorry.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Oh no! I'm so sorry that you had to go Chase. Your Idiot Feral Human, Stupid Greyhounds, and Idiot Girl Kitten will be lost without you. I will miss you too, as will my own Idiot (but fairly well-trained) Human.

With worship and respect...

Godspeed Chase.

Harriet the Spy

:paw

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13), Grey Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23)

Guest Liz_in_PA

Chase,

The Idiot Girl Kitten will regretfully most likely backslide without your guidance. Your whole house will be in the hand basket without you.

Once you have the other side running smoothly, your food dishes will always be full and your scratch box always clean.

Regards,

Mango and Gecko

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Godspeed, Chase.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I am so sorry.

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

You were a force to be reckoned with, Chase. Still will be, apparently.

I'm so sorry. Your Mom is going to miss you a lot. Try and send her a sign. You'll figure something out.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Thanks to all. I'm mostly okay, but I end up going into a crying jag at the oddest thoughts....such as bringing up a load of laundry and realizing that for the first time in 17 years, my socks are going to stay where I put them (Chase hunted them, Paintball doesn't)

No more getting scolded for not dishing out 'special breakfast' in time in the morning (Chase loved his wet food for breakfast, Paintball doesn't really care for it.)

Nobody wrapping himself around my head when I sleep at night and deciding that 'just drifting off to sleep' is the *perfect* time to start doing pushy-paws to my face.

Nobody scaring the $%*! out of me while watching a scary movie and suddenly pouncing me out of the dark (I swear he knew exactly when to do this.)

No more 'back and forth' between him and Paintball over who gets to curl up on my shoulder, and who takes the back of the sofa, while I lie down watching TV.

I'm just stunned how quickly this all happened. Wednesday, he was fine. That he went downhill so quickly and so fast just astounds me. Honestly, he was such an obnoxious, stubborn, loudmouthed, opinionated son-of-a-rhymes-with-witch that I often figured he'd literally live to bury all of us. I could imagine life without the dogs, or Paintball, but for some reason I had it in my head that Chase was somehow immortal and was going to be around forever.

The sad thing is, I found myself going online to local animal shelters, and I couldn't figure out why--I'm far from ready to get another cat. And it crossed my mind that for some reason, I was looking for *Chase*--as if illogically, he's out there somewhere, and I just need to find him again.

The hard part is....it doesn't seem like the dogs or Paintball have noticed his absence. But maybe they realized he was dying. They all saw me put him in the carrier and leave the house with him, and he just lay there....so I wonder if they knew, and accept that he's gone.

I just never imagined life without him. :(

The others had more than likely already said goodbye and made peace with Chase. And isn't it just like a cat to be quick about things and not linger! In their world it would be so uncool, and Chase was the coolest. Seventeen is huge. Not huge enough for the hoomans but nonetheless, you did everything right. I'm sorry you are missing your boy. Your tribute is terrific. :grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Chase had a wonderful life with you. Remember the fun times. Hugs

"Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the day comes God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man."

Persian Proverb

So sorry for your loss, this was a great tribute btw.

Mom to Macho (JS XtremeMachine 1/12/2007 -8/17/2012 ... Gotcha day 9/2/2011. I miss you BigMan)
Moonbeam (Ninos Full Moon 11/1/2009, Gotcha day 9/2/2012), Hattie (Kiowa Hats Off 4/14/2011, Gotcha day 10/13/2012), Keiva (JS Igotyourbooty 1/12/2007, Gotcha Day 1/8/2014)
Jimmy (Blu Too James 06/26/2014, Gotcha day 09/12/2015)
, a shepard mix named Tista, some cats, and some reptiles.