Look At Some Bloodwork? Possible Seizure Dog.

This is bloodwork from Walter, my friend Leah's GH. He's 6. Wall had an episode a couple days ago. Details will be posted shortly.

Screenshot2014-11-29at83123PM.png

Sorry for the funky screenshot. I'm a couple beers into the the night, and way too stupid to do this right!

Two minutes later:

(From 11/26)

Walter had some kind of episode tonight. They are running blood work. They think it may have been a seizure but don't know. He attempted to get up and readjust himself in bed and ended up unable to stretch out his entire front right leg. He managed to lay down but it was awkward and clunky and i held him up so he wouldn't fall down. Then i got him into his bed and he just laid there. I attempted to get him up again and it was the same, he paced an awkward circle & had a hard time walking and extending his front right leg.

I called Northstar & they recommended we come in. He was able to walk down the stairs, hop into the car and walk into Northstar.

Ugh.

I know Denise was dealing with seizures but what happened with Wal didn't look like Miami's (?)seizure.

Thoughts?
Leah

Edited by Riverhound

Guest DeniseL

Oh no!! I haven't been on gt much lately, so ridiculously busy with work....and then I come on and this is the first thing I see. :( poor Walter. I have limited experience with seizures, thyme had a few last year, you can search the thread on here, it was a crazy time. I know how scary it is. After the second or third episode we took her to a neurologist who put her on Zonisimide and she has been seizure free going on a year.

See what the vet says, but be prepared to document details if and when it happens again. Maybe get it on a little video, that was very helpful for the neurologist. Thymes seizures were not 'typical' they seems focal and not overly severe, but from what I understand, every dog is different....

Leah, I will keep you guys in my prayers....let me know if you need anything.

Oh no!! I haven't been on gt much lately, so ridiculously busy with work....and then I come on and this is the first thing I see. :( poor Walter. I have limited experience with seizures, thyme had a few last year, you can search the thread on here, it was a crazy time. I know how scary it is. After the second or third episode we took her to a neurologist who put her on Zonisimide and she has been seizure free going on a year.

See what the vet says, but be prepared to document details if and when it happens again. Maybe get it on a little video, that was very helpful for the neurologist. Thymes seizures were not 'typical' they seems focal and not overly severe, but from what I understand, every dog is different....

Leah, I will keep you guys in my prayers....let me know if you need anything.

<3 thank you. Watching the video you posted was incredibly helpful and one of the only reasons why I think it might be a seizure.

Blood work looks fine. You could add a cTSH to rule out hypothyriodism. I would also run a urinalysis.

Does sound like he had a seizure.

Should I rush back and get this done?

7218108076_e406044464_t.jpg 7004700518_27fa752995_t.jpg Walter (Windy Walker) and Ernie (PG Ernest) @WalterWallerson and IG: WalterandErnie 7150803233_d0700ccbdc_t.jpg 7004711314_ceba54665a_t.jpg

This is bloodwork from Walter, my friend Leah's GH. He's 6. Wall had an episode a couple days ago. Details will be posted shortly.

Screenshot2014-11-29at83123PM.png

Sorry for the funky screenshot. I'm a couple beers into the the night, and way too stupid to do this right!

Two minutes later:

(From 11/26)

Walter had some kind of episode tonight. They are running blood work. They think it may have been a seizure but don't know. He attempted to get up and readjust himself in bed and ended up unable to stretch out his entire front right leg. He managed to lay down but it was awkward and clunky and i held him up so he wouldn't fall down. Then i got him into his bed and he just laid there. I attempted to get him up again and it was the same, he paced an awkward circle & had a hard time walking and extending his front right leg.

I called Northstar & they recommended we come in. He was able to walk down the stairs, hop into the car and walk into Northstar.

Ugh.

I know Denise was dealing with seizures but what happened with Wal didn't look like Miami's (?)seizure.

Thoughts?

Leah

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're the best!

7218108076_e406044464_t.jpg 7004700518_27fa752995_t.jpg Walter (Windy Walker) and Ernie (PG Ernest) @WalterWallerson and IG: WalterandErnie 7150803233_d0700ccbdc_t.jpg 7004711314_ceba54665a_t.jpg

So I Googled since you aren't allowed to. :P<_< I'm now wondering if there is anything low thyroid doesn't lead to. You might want to do the TSH sooner then a month.

gallery_24215_3397_4722.jpg

Carolina (R and A Carolina) & Rebel (FA Ready).
At the bridge: Kira (Driven by Energy) 7/19/97 - 6/17/04 & Jake (Jumpstart Dude) 9/12/00 - 1/24/15

A seizure may or may not show up on bloodwork. He *could* have had one, or a smaller focal-type seizure, or it could have been a light stroke or TIA sort of event.

Hope he's doing better tonight.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

<3 thank you. Watching the video you posted was incredibly helpful and one of the only reasons why I think it might be a seizure.

Should I rush back and get this done?

The lab should still have enough serum--all your vet has to do is call the lab and add the test.

A seizure may or may not show up on bloodwork. He *could* have had one, or a smaller focal-type seizure, or it could have been a light stroke or TIA sort of event.

Hope he's doing better tonight.

Since it happened, he's been perfectly fine. The night of I went to put Ernie (my new hound) into his crate with a kong full of PB and Wal was soooooooooo excited about PB and insisted on his own. Then he walked down the stairs, hopped into my car and hopped out and walked into the E-Vet, no problems. Today, we went on two seperate walks today, one with hound friends and one with TechBoyfriend.

I don't know what to make of it.