Acting Weird And Staring

My Zephyr does this exact same thing and I do think it's a focal/partial seizure. He has them rarely, maybe every few months. The last time was just a few weeks ago and it happened two or three nights in a row. He already takes a seizure medicine for seizures that were caused by probable scar tissue that formed when he had encephalitis. Those seizures are fully controlled. I've wondered about dementia/canine cognitive disorder too, and if he might get that because of when he had encephalitis. I've been giving him some Denamarin lately to see if that helps. But they are mild and don't happen often or last more than 5 to 15 minutes, so I don't plan on changing his other meds. Might be worth a vet visit for Ruby though.

Edited by hikinghounds

The vet called first thing this morning and said that all of her blood work is still normal. He did say her thyroid is low, but still in the normal range. He said he suspected the beginnings of dementia.

Tonight when I put her out to potty she was laying right against the glass door when I came to let her in. I kind of stomped my feet a bit and she didn't seem to hear me at all until I unlocked the door and then she got up. This makes me think it is her hearing. Will just watch and wait at this point. The staring has stopped at least but the neediness is still ongoing.

Thanks all.

Karen