Sudden Pooping Issue

Guest Literaqueen

Guest Literaqueen

So I've had Miss Fly since early July, and she's done great. This afternoon I came home from Thanksgiving dinner to find she'd pooped in her crate. Just a bit, and we went on our usual walk immediately so she didn't have her routine disrupted. No poop, even though we took an extra long walk. She's pooped normally every other time this week, so I have no idea what's going on. No change in food, and we go out at the same times (four times a day) every day. I wondered if she was hoping to get out of a walk in the cold, but she's been pooping outside in the snow for two weeks just fine. She loves her crate and has done fine in it for several months. Just when I thought we had everything down. . .

I should note that this morning I crated her while I went on a run and she had no problems. I boarded her for a week and just brought her home yesterday, so I'm hoping perhaps she's still getting back on her routine, but I thought I'd check here as well. What might cause unexpected pooping?

Guest Literaqueen

Yeah, her walks have been shorter. She pooped twice already today, though, on both walks before she then pooped in her crate. Hopefully this is just a one-time thing.