Sign in to follow this  
Guest lynne893

Greta May Have Saved Us From A Fire

Guest lynne893

You may have seen my earlier thread about poor Greta and her possible herniated disc in her neck.

We have a newborn baby at home (2 1/2 wks!) and our hands are so full right now. DH has been my only support and he's amazing. He was boiling breast pump parts in a pot of water on the stove when we had a phone call from his parents and we got distracted. I don't even know how long later, we heard Greta whining. I asked if she'd been out since supper (yes) and had she gotten her pain meds (yes). Well we needed to investigate why she was whining and sure enough, in the kitchen, the pot had boiled all the water down and the plastic pump parts were starting to melt to the pot.

She may have saved us from a fire and bad smoke. It was literally a minute away from a very bad situation!

Thank you dear old Greta. We're hard on you because you eat poop, but you're a damn good dog.

Greta is special.

Irene Ullmann w/Shine and Odin in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul and Fuzzy
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Good girl Greta!

(Tell them to get you a muzzle witha stool guard and they won't have to be on your case all the time! ;) )

Chris - Mom to: Lilly, Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

35764734494_93de5b5963_b.jpg

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom

Isn't that wonderful - good girl Greta! :yay

My Sophie saved us from a potentially dangerous situation too a few years ago (I posted here about it at the time). She alerted us to a problem with our gas central heating system by barking. We switched the heating off and called out an engineer who found a leak in a pipe and said it was so dangerous that he was required by law to disconnect it on the spot. :yikes

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

:yay Good girl, Greta.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees: Aiden. Bea. Punkin. Annie. Miss M. Cletus, knot like the others.

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno.Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Good girl Greta!!!

💙💜💚💛❤️

I forgot how to put a pic in my signature. Please pm me if you can help. Thanks

Yes dogs ARE man's best friend. When I was first married, it was New Year's eve, I had a 103 degree temperature {or we would have been in So Cal at a party instead of in San Jose} and my dear Mariah dobie, started REALLY freaking out

turns out the RENTERS next door emptied their fireplace ashes on their COMPOST HEAP, this at the side of the house and the flames were almost up to the eves. I was standing on a 4x4 fence post with a garden hose, trying to put out the fire, they were too stoned to understand, you GOT to love the 70s... :shakefinger:brick

these same Aholes threw a bucket of water over the fence on Mariah because she barked at them...I seriously considered calling the police to "harvest" their Marijuana crop in the back yard. Funny thing was NOBODY in the house was on the lease. As the roommates graduated from college the house got new members until all the originals were gone. the LAND LORD was not pleased when he got the report from the fire department, and THEN all was right in the neighborhood.... :gh_run2:couchjump

Awesome! As a reward, I think you should put Parmesan cheese on her poo so it tastes better. :puke

:confetti Greta :confetti

And best wishes for your new baby!

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, Milo, and Jeter

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, and Nutmeg

Guest chickenpotpie

Awesome Job Greta! Definitely treat time (but no parm on the poo, ewww...lol)