No Front Legs

Guest RICHandJUDE

Guest RICHandJUDE

Hopefully I am not out of line asking a question about 'wheels for dogs' with no front legs. I have two greyhounds and a beagle currently at home

My wife wants to adopt a 5 month old chihuahua that was born with NO front legs. Right now the dog slides on its chest to get around. Sometimes, she walks for short distances on her two back legs. She is the cutest little thing. Does anybody in greytalk have any knowledge about canine wheel chairs or wheels for front legs? Any advice would be appreciated. She weighs about 7 lbs.

I am very careful with our 4 dogs being near each other. I stay with them at all times for the time being. I don't want the greyhounds to think that the chihuahua is a rabbit. So far, so good.

Thank you.

Guest Lygracilux

http://eddieswheels.com/front-wheel-carts-2/

My cousins friend had a lab mix without front legs too!

She used these guys I believe. They can be made custom so they fit your pooch comfy and secure. Idk if they have like a size limit on smallness, because I assume a 5 month Chihuahua its a little bean. But doesn't hurt to contact em!

I can't help on the prosthetic question... but I have to wonder what the heck is up with Chihuahua breeding that this is actually apparently becoming a thing? I just saw TWO chis at one of my vets' offices, both born with no front legs. Littermates. Was mama pregnant under a power line or something? I was told they were rescued from a puppymill, where birth defects like this are common. I can't even wrap my head around that.

Incidentally, the two little armless littermates are five years old, and have apparently managed without prosthetics that long. They looked healthy and happy other than missing two limbs. I guess they never knew life any other way. They looked like strange little prairie dogs, perched up in their nest of blankets.

Edited by ZoomDoggy

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.