Ehrlichia

winnie

Our 13 y/o Bonny recently tested positive for ehrlichia. We're going to begin treatment when we return from Thanksgiving with minocycline (I believe).

Anyone have experiences they want to share? Thanks!

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

Guest greyhoundgirl1

My girl, who is now 10, had Ehrlichia when I first adopted her at age 2 1/2. She was originally treated with minocycline, but once the titers went down, her titers were just monitored. Happy to say, she has had no flare ups. Titers have been great since about age 3. Good luck.

What test was run?? They will often test positive on an in house Snap test but, that doesn't always mean they have an active infection.

Hummm... I'm not sure. Vet practice has a lab, but sent out the blood work. Bonny has been tested before at the same vet practice and this is her first positive.

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

Our Mia Bella had Erlichea shortly after she came home and it was pretty scary, she ended up with immune mediated poly arthritis from it and has been on a very low (5 mg every other day) dose of prednisone since then (6 years? 7 years?)

Hopefully your girl will respond quickly to the medication and have no side effects!

2 Hounds Design Martingale Collars | 2 Hounds Design Facebook Page

2HDgtSiggy2-2_zpsebfc14a9.jpg
Alisha, Bob, Livvie (the 2.5 year old!) plus Mia Bella, Tippy, + Wahoo and Diesel the crazy kitties (and missing sweet Iceman, Paradise, Bandit, Cujo & Sebastian) in Indian Trail, NC