Bite Wound.. All My Fault

Josie

still learning how to manage a 2 dog house here...

yesterday I fed Abbey and Otis, each have their food bowls on each side of the dinning room and I watch them so no one will disturb the other during feeding time.

I don't know what I was thinking yesterday, maybe because nothing never happened, I exit the room 2 and a half seconds..

Abbey sneak up to Otis and tried to get to his bowl.. Otis growl and snap..

Abbey has a little puncture wound on her "cheek",,,

all my fault :(

I cleaned the wound and I put polysporin on it often but being near the mouth she licks it away...

it's still red (normal) and not swollen... should I keep putting polysporin and watch or go to the vet?

siggy2_zpsfb2ddd63.jpg
Our first greyhound, Tuffy: You will always be there with us my angel!
Tuffy greyhound-data
Otis greyhound-data Abbey greyhound-data
"When you open your minds to the impossible, sometimes you find the truth." W.Bishop

Guest DogNewbie

No advice, just best wishes. That is a tough one. If there is any change and it starts to look infected, I would go to the vet, however, if it looks clean, I'd stick with rubbing alcohol, salt water and polyspoirn.

Guest sireltonsmom

They heal pretty well and quickly. If it doesn't, then a call to the vet is wise. Bet Abbey thinks twice before going for Otis's food. Sometimes they just have to learn their lessons. Hope all goes well from now on.

This is why Riley Roo eats in the laundry room by himself. That boy would try and take the kibble off of Gizzy's tongue! And she would probably let him! Lady on the other hand would happily remove the face of any dog who gets near her food. Unfortunately food guarding is a side effect of one of the medicines she is on.

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

It's doing OK... the wound bled a few times since she lick it every time she licks her muzzle :rolleyes: .. but it's not swollen at all..I clean it and put polysporin...

she will survive ;)

thanks for asking :)

siggy2_zpsfb2ddd63.jpg
Tuffy greyhound-data
"When you open your minds to the impossible, sometimes you find the truth." W.Bishop

You're doing exactly what I would with a puncture. Unless it swells, or starts to ooze, I'd just keep at it.

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

You're doing exactly what I would with a puncture. Unless it swells, or starts to ooze, I'd just keep at it.

thanks

wishing I just had that little injury to care about now... :(

http://forum.greytalk.com/index.php/topic/310690-scapula-spine-bone-shoulder-blade-fracture/

siggy2_zpsfb2ddd63.jpg
Tuffy greyhound-data