Diarrhea Question -- Insurance $ On The Way.

I am not sure if I missed the diagnosis on what caused Joe's issues but I just spent an hour on the phone with Olewo USA who distribute the Olewo carrots and beets and she did say that one of the benefits of using their products is that is soothes and calms the digestive system,, boosts the immune system and helps with the poop.

It has worked wonders on Carter's soft poop. Maybe worth a try?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just seeing this and catching up. So glad sweet Joe is home and feeling better. Hope he continues to improve!

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g240/mtbucket/siggies/Everyday-2.jpgJane - forever servant to the whims and wishes of Maggie (L's Magnolia of JCKC) and Sam the mutt pup.[/b]

She's classy, sassy and a bit smart assy.

Great to hear he's doing better, did the vet say what caused all of this?

They have no idea. The best guess is the Rimadyl he had Monday morning (with food), but he's had it many times before.

Lukasmom, I may order some in a couple weeks. He's going to be very restricted for a bit. Not gonna be a happy boy when the pot roast comes out of the oven tonight!

He's exhausted. I haven't seen him poop today. Don't know if he did when I was out shopping for Thanksgiving, but there's certainly not been any urgent need.

Oh my God, what an ordeal. I'm just catching up on this thread.

Someday, people like us will receive our due karma and get the type of dogs that only go to the vet for shots and checkups. I just know it. :lol

Yeah, you will get that if you adopt the dog breed known as "not a greyound". :P

Glad Joe is doing better! :clap

Edited by NeylasMom

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Nov 23, 2014

Dear Rachael,

We are pleased to help with Joe's healthcare costs. Trupanion provides 90% coverage for all approved accidents and illnesses, and we’ve mailed your payment to the address above as requested. The entire Trupanion team thanks you for taking such good care of Joe.

Owner: Rachael XXXX Condition: Bloody diarrhea, vomiting

Policy Number: TU00XXXXXX Invoice Date: 11/20/2014

Pet Name: Joe Invoice Number: 580XXX

Claim ID: 10XXXX v.1 Invoice Subtotal: $1115.00

Enrollment Date: 2/4/2011 12:00:00 AM

Trupanion is paying $945.00 of the invoice submitted.

Condition 1. Bloody diarrhea, Vomiting (Emesis) $1,050.00

Eligible $1,050.00

Claim Payment at 90% Coverage $945.00

Other: Ineligible Items $65.00

Please refer to the following policy exclusion(s):

7.e.1 Examination fees $65.00

If you have any questions regarding our review of this claim, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,

Kristen Stewart

SO glad Joe is home and doing better. (Again, not to make this about us, but just to support you, Shane is also sticking close to home since he got back from the e-vet. One to two blocks is the furthest he wants to travel, just until he poops. DH took him somewhere between 1/4 and 1/2 mile round trip the day after he got back home and precipitated a mini-crisis. That's a mistake we won't be repeating!) They have to get their strength and weight back!

Thank heavens for your insurance!

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

wow, that is awesome insurance!

They don't suck!

SO glad Joe is home and doing better. (Again, not to make this about us, but just to support you, Shane is also sticking close to home since he got back from the e-vet. One to two blocks is the furthest he wants to travel, just until he poops. DH took him somewhere between 1/4 and 1/2 mile round trip the day after he got back home and precipitated a mini-crisis. That's a mistake we won't be repeating!) They have to get their strength and weight back!

Thank heavens for your insurance!

Mary, the best thing about GT is having everyone else's experience to draw on. Your "been there, done that" has me significantly less worried. Thank you!