Diarrhea Question -- Insurance $ On The Way.

Sure it's OK! You can flip out whenever you want!

Hugs and kisses for Joe! Large adult beverage for you!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure it's OK! You can flip out whenever you want!

Hugs and kisses for Joe! Large adult beverage for you!

:nod

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

Just seeing this. Hope Joe is okay. :goodluck

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

I just called them. He's on IVs and medicated for rhe diarrhea. One bout of diarrhea overnight. Joe was trying to climb out of the cage when it happened -- such a good boy. They fed him, but he still won't take fluids by mouth. Sounds like he's still pretty blah. Another vet will be in soonish for a recheck.

Hubby is off today. He's going to be under orders to check up on Joe often.

Re: scrambling to get out, do you know how often they're taking him out? You might want to ask them to increase the frequency until things are better. When I went for one of violet's visits when she was hospitalized for her rhabdo i was really worried she was in pain because she was panting and restless. Turned out she just had to potty really badly. Increased walks may save him some anxiety. Hope he can come home soon.

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Re: scrambling to get out, do you know how often they're taking him out? You might want to ask them to increase the frequency until things are better. When I went for one of violet's visits when she was hospitalized for her rhabdo i was really worried she was in pain because she was panting and restless. Turned out she just had to potty really badly. Increased walks may save him some anxiety. Hope he can come home soon.

Excellent question! Thanks! I just spoke to the vet and they were doing every four to six hours -- he ending up peeing on his bedding because of that BS. It's now every two hours because I saw your post while I was on the phone. Jen, you rock!

(he's doing better. No fresh blood with rectal exam.)

Glad I could help. And :yay to improvement and no fresh blood. (Isn't it amazing the stuff we celebrate in here? Ick. :lol).

OHhhhhhhhhh {{{{Joe}}}} Look at that face. He looks like a sick boy but getting better. I want to kiss him all over that sweet face.

Very nice that the vet's office sent a picture. Also good that they responded to your request to take him out for a P&P opportunity more often.

Just catching up to this and wanting to add my best wishes for Joe!

From the commiseration department, and apropos of what Jen said, Shane was just in the ER for two days with high temp and BP. One of the things that makes him pant is gas (or having to potty), and Gas-X has been his friend the last few months. Hard to get an e-vet to take that seriously, and they don't have anything like that there. Eventually they said I could bring some in when I came. I said, "With rush hour I can't get there for two hours. You can't send someone to the store?!" But I got it there, they gave it to him, and his BP started to come down before they even gave him a BP med! I guess ER's are geared toward more drastic measures, but sometimes the "little things" totally matter.

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

Aww, he looks good! And those eyes are saying, momma, bring me home!

Get better soon, handsome!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead