Had To Share My Small Victory....

Guest Wasabi303

Guest Wasabi303

I just wanted to share my victory with you all, because you are the only people on the planet who can understand the excitement. :hehe

Wasabi weighed in at 67.4lbs today at the vet! I am so thrilled. We had a terrible time her first couple months with finding the right diet, and even once I got that right she still was gaining weight very slowly. I am happy to report that she is up 5lbs from her low point over the summer and she looks fantastic.

(I feed Iam's Green Bag and Olewo's Carrots, in case anyone wanted to know.)

Guest Johberry

Congratulations! Such great news. We, too, did a happy dance last month at the vet when our boy weighed in within a pound of his racing weight. He had been well underweight when we adopted him 3 months ago. Again, I definitely share your enthusiasm. :)

P.S. We also use Olewo and include it in our boy's breakfast kibble meal every morning.

Edited by Johberry

Guest Wasabi303

This may be a dumb question, but how do you find out your dog's racing weight? I am not exactly clear on that.

Also the carrots are magic. I don't know where we would be without them.

Guest Wasabi303

Hmmmm. So this is a bit of a mystery, but the weight section on greyhounddata.com was left blank for may girl. She did not race much, maybe they never got around to entering it? I would guess it was around 65lbs, but that is just a guess.

I've never obsessed over weights listed on GH-Data. Some kennels run their dogs heavier than others. The same dog running in one kennel might weigh more in another kennel.

Unless you can find out enough about a kennel to know if they run their dogs rail thin or a bit meatier it's sort of a crapshoot.

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg