First Boo Boo

Guest GreytMom15

Guest GreytMom15

Punzie got her first boo boo. I was sitting in my chair and glanced over at her and noticed some pinkish red under her front right leg. (Think armpit.) It was just a surface scrape that had bled just a little and had already scabbed over for the most part. So I cleaned it with hydrogen peroxide and cotton ball, let it dry then rubbed on some Neosporin. Now, our adoption agency recommended something other than hydrogen peroxide (cannot think of the name), but I forgot to grab that at the store. I'll be getting it on my next trip! So in a pinch the hydrogen peroxide seemed to do the trick. It's healing very nicely and is just a small scab at this point and she doesn't seem bothered by it. She'll lick it gently but I think that's only because of the little bit of Neosporin I put on there. Just wondered if I did the right thing and/or is there anything different that you would've done. Thanks so much!

Guest GreytMom15

Rather than use hydrogen peroxide I would use diluted chlorhexadine solution. Peroxide doesn't just kills germs it kills healthy cell too

;-)

Thank you! I know the HP is not the best but the only thing I had. I'll keep this suggestion in mind when I'm at the store again. :)

Thank you! I know the HP is not the best but the only thing I had. I'll keep this suggestion in mind when I'm at the store again. :)

In a pinch, a warm epsom salt solution is actually really good for cleaning, better if you can soak the wound. For a small scrape like that, even plain water would let you clean it up enough to get a good look a it.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Keep a spray bottle of Bactine around the house. It doesn't sting, and it helps numb scrapes or cuts, as well as cleaning them.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)