Sign in to follow this  
dmdsmoxie

How Your Dog Ran At The Track

HRF needed to have more speed out of the box, but most of the time he got out poorly and that set him up for getting in trouble at the turn. He finished in the money three times and in each of those races he got out of the box third, second and third. His other seven races he was 7th or 8th out of the box except for one time when he was 4th.  What you don't want to do is get to the turn with the pack and be on the outside because all it takes is one dog that goes a little wide and you get blocked or pushed around. 

He is a big boy at 85 pounds.

Good luck with your new boy I'm sure he will be a great pet.

Dick

Thank you. His medical records list him at 93 pounds and the rescue group said 102 pounds so curios what my vet will weigh him at.

Hi! Can you tell me about my not, Bam's Barney and my girl, Mega San Onofre?

Both ran at Caliente in Mexico.

Onofre (aka Gildy) was a puppy from my beloved broodie, Bowie's last litter. I was so lucky she was available for adoption with our group when Bowie passed.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

13 hours ago, seeh2o said:

Hi! Can you tell me about my not, Bam's Barney and my girl, Mega San Onofre?

Both ran at Caliente in Mexico.

Onofre (aka Gildy) was a puppy from my beloved broodie, Bowie's last litter. I was so lucky she was available for adoption with our group when Bowie passed.

Bam's Barney ran 176 races all at Caliente He was a dog that at the peak of his career he ran a lot of A and B races.  In those races he really needed to be 1st or 2nd to the turn to have a chance to win.  He had the early speed to do that so as long as he hit his break he was usually near the front at the turn. If he broke poorly he finished near the back.  In the lower grades he could be 3rd or 4th to the turn and have a chance to win.

Of his 176 races he was in the money 91 times and that is pretty good and pretty consistent.

Mega San Onofre ran 215 races all at Caliente. She was a little better racer than Barney running in A and B for longer periods of time. She could close a little and if she was 3rd or better to the turn she was a threat to win even in A.  She also never gave in a race and even if she was 7th to the turn she could  end up 3rd or 4th. She couldn't close enough to win, but she tried more often than not.

She was in the money a very good 130 times with 39 wins.

Dick