How Your Dog Ran At The Track

dmdsmoxie

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you tell me about Duron Captain? Thanks!

Duron Captain ran over 170 races between Bluffs Run, Dubuque, Ebro, Sarasota and Birmingham. The reason she moved around so much is those three middle tracks are seasonal. She was a dog that had to be on top at the 1st turn to have a chance to win. While she could get caught in the stretch she usually was pretty tough to go by once on top. She was also a dog that could hold her position pretty well, so if she was 3rd to the turn she would many times end up 3rd or 4th. Because of this she was in the money a very nice 58% of the time.

If you want to see her run this is her on the trackinfo site.

http://www.trackinfo.com/dog-search.jsp?keyword=Duron+Captain&x=9&y=5&by=dogname

If you click the all it will put all her races on one page.

If you're not sure how to read what you are looking at the 1st bold number is the box she is in. If you look across the bold number, not counting the time of the race, in the top race it was 33.35, the 7 16 you see on the top race means she finished 7th and was 16 lengths behind the leader. So the second race down shows 2 hd and that means she was 2nd and lost by a head.

Any race with a 1 and then a number means she won and second number is by how much.

Can you tell me about my girl Mac's Bayou Baby? I would be interested to know why she retired. Thanks.

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

Mac's Bayou Baby ran 35 races all at Tri-State. She ran both 3/8th and 5/16th races and ran both pretty well. She didn't have much early speed, but as long as she was 4th to the turn she had a chance to win because she was a pretty good closer and being 4th or 5th to the turn she was almost always in the money.

While there is no way to tell why she retired she fell in her last race and whatever happened was the cause of her retirement. Shoulder, leg or something else I have no idea.

Mac's Bayou Baby ran 35 races all at Tri-State. She ran both 3/8th and 5/16th races and ran both pretty well. She didn't have much early speed, but as long as she was 4th to the turn she had a chance to win because she was a pretty good closer and being 4th or 5th to the turn she was almost always in the money.

While there is no way to tell why she retired she fell in her last race and whatever happened was the cause of her retirement. Shoulder, leg or something else I have no idea.

Thanks Dick. I knew she fell in her last race and have seen a couple of her races. I really appreciate your perspective and you looking at her career for me.

Amy

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

Guest Laurmann2000

Larry, congrats. I was looking at Easi the other day on the GAP page. He's got the most adorable face. Best of luck with him. Are you in Jacksonville?

Getting ready to pick up Easi Big Easi this Friday; our first greyhound.

Easi Big Easi at trackinfo,

http://www.trackinfo.com/dog.jsp?runnername=Easi%20Big%

A386D3A1-DCAA-477D-9FCD-51AFD7D23806.jpg

I was able to find his info but would appreciate your thoughts. I have zero knowledge on deciphering the information or putting it into context.

Thank you,

Larry

Easi Big Easi ran 127 races between Tri-State in WV and Orange Park, which is in Jacksonville FL. Only 9 of those races were at TS. He was all about speed and he had to get to the turn 1st to have any chance to win because he couldn't pass dogs. Once on top he usually cruised to the top of the stretch where he would start to tire. He would struggle to the finish line, sometimes winning other times being passed.

He was a nice B/C dog that made it A, but really didn't compete well. He was in the money almost 50% of the time which is pretty good.

Dick

Edited by dmdsmoxie

Guest LOMartin

Larry, congrats. I was looking at Easi the other day on the GAP page. He's got the most adorable face. Best of luck with him. Are you in Jacksonville?

I'm from Savannah, Jacksonville GAP was the nearest adoption location I could find. I will try and take Easi to the GAP Jacksonville picnic next Sunday though.

I'm very happy with GAP Jacksonville, very easy to communicate and a friendly environment; Kathy is great!

Easi Big Easi ran 127 races between Tri-State in WV and Orange Park, which is in Jacksonville FL. Only 9 of those races were at TS. He was all about speed and he had to get to the turn 1st to have any chance to win because he couldn't pass dogs. Once on top he usually cruised to the top of the stretch where he would start to tire. He would struggle to the finish line, sometimes winning other times being passed.

He was a nice B/C dog that made it A, but really didn't compete well. He was in the money almost 50% of the time which is pretty good.

Dick

I appreciate the explanation, the way I read the trackinfo I thought he was a D dog. Thank you.

Guest Laurmann2000

I'm from Savannah, Jacksonville GAP was the nearest adoption location I could find. I will try and take Easi to the GAP Jacksonville picnic next Sunday though.

I'm very happy with GAP Jacksonville, very easy to communicate and a friendly environment; Kathy is great!

Yes Kathy is great. I'm still waiting for the right time to adopt but Im always looking at the dogs they have available. I will be at the picnic and hope to see you there. That's a bit of a trip for you but I think it will be so fun. I'll keep my eye out for Easi. I'll be the middle aged woman with husband and 13 year old son with no dog.

Laura

Would love to know about they guy we just lost on Easter Sunday - Devil Himself (the one born in 2005). We took him lure coursing right after we adopted him and he smoked everyone, they couldn't believe he'd been retired, lol. Good racer, or not, he was the BEST guy in the world.

Our girl is Tangerine Roll. I don't think she was as successful as our boy - I heard she only ran a handful of races and didn't win any. No wonder, she HATES for anyone to be behind her. Hah!

Edited by Sundrop

Devil Himself ran over 120 races between Palm Beach, Melbourne and Sanford Orlando. Over 100 of those races wee at PB. He was all about speed. Get out on top and be first to the turn. Once he did that he wasn't easy to catch and won most of those races, especially in the first half of his career. The first half of his career he was an A/B dog and I would say more A than B. Then it looks like he got hurt and was off for about three months. He wasn't quite the same dog after coming back. He still had the early speed, but was getting caught more. However, even at that point he was still a good racer mostly in grades B and C.

Tangerine Roll shows 17 races all at Birmingham and a few schooling races at Flagler. The first races that show she was already over two years old so she may have run at a track that wasn't reporting to GD or Trackinfo.

She didn't have much early speed and most races didn't close much. There are a couple of races where she did close and was 2nd or 3rd, but those races were few and far between.

If you have time and would be so kind, could you please interpret my grey's track record?

Name: Fabulous Asset

Sex: M

DOB: Dec 01 2006

Coat: Red Brindle

Thanks so much!

Fabulous Asset ran 97 races between Tri-State, Naples and Southland all very good tracks. He was all about speed, get to the turn on top and carry that speed as far as he could. His problem was getting caught in the stretch. Dogs that run like this must be on top to have any chance and when they are 2nd or worse to the turn they usually go backwards.

So the decision was made to put him in the shorter 330 yard races and he went to AA at Tri-State. Now as long as he got to the top he usually won. The 330 yard races have all dogs like Fabulous Asset, what we call early speed quitters. So now there were times when he was 3rd or 4th to the turn and would pass a dog or two because the other dogs were coming back to him.

They would try him in some 550 yard races, but he never got any better at them and for the most part he was a 330 dog.

At TS and Naples he was a nice A/B dog and at SL more a C dog

Just wanted to thank you for continuing this thread.

My new addition schooled a couple times and done, so no analysis necessary, but I very much enjoy reading about others' careers, long or short, top grade or workmanlike.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

dmdsmoxie,

Thank you so much not only for your insight, but your time. That was a speedy reply - Bo (pet name) would, apparently, appreciate that!

I had no idea he raced 97 times. All I could ever see in at GD was 45 races but that didn't add up because they didn't show how he got to AA. Thanks for clearing that up. I just about spit out my coffee when I gafawed at the term "early speed quitter." That is one part of the report that didn't surprise me. Thanks again.

(Edited due to wonky punctuation - thanks, autocorrect!)

Edited by avalilian

Just wanted to thank you for continuing this thread.

My new addition schooled a couple times and done, so no analysis necessary, but I very much enjoy reading about others' careers, long or short, top grade or workmanlike.

Jey,

Thanks, I enjoy doing this because I know most people have no clue what those numbers mean and many people want to know what kind of racer their dog was. Those numbers to a gambler read like sheet music does to a musician.

dmdsmoxie,

Thank you so much not only for your insight, but your time. That was a speedy reply - Bo (pet name) would, apparently, appreciate that!

I had no idea he raced 97 times. All I could ever see in at GD was 45 races but that didn't add up because they didn't show how he got to AA. Thanks for clearing that up. I just about spit out my coffee when I gafawed at the term "early speed quitter." That is one part of the report that didn't surprise me. Thanks again.

(Edited due to wonky punctuation - thanks, autocorrect!)

If you go to Trackinfo you will see he ran 97 times and you can see replays of his races. If you watch his replays the first bold number is the box he is in. Then in the 330 yd races there are two more bold numbers then a little space. The number after the space is where he finished and the number after that is how many lengths he was behind the winner. If he won the race that number is how far in front of the 2nd place dog he was.

http://www.trackinfo.com/dog-search.jsp?keyword=Fabulous+Asset&x=1&y=3&by=exact

Dick

Edited by dmdsmoxie

I already know, mostly, but Vogo Player, please. 41G-55929

Sure was given a lot of chances, consider his best finish was 6th!

Hi Susan,

He was given a lot of chances and at the high end tracks he would have had 10 M races to be in the money. At a track Like Sarasota, where some of the bigger operations might break in their dogs they let them keep trying.

He has some early speed, but quickly went towards the back. Sarasota is seasonal so he was moved to Pensacola with the same results. He may have had no interest in running because at Pensacola he pulled up and was rested. Then he ran 6th and the next two schooling races, which were only a week apart, he pulled up. I can only assume they couldn't find anything wrong with him which is why he ran the next week.

There is also the chance they couldn't find anything wrong and ran him the next week and whatever the problem was as no found.

Just guessing on my part.

Edited by dmdsmoxie

Devil Himself ran over 120 races between Palm Beach, Melbourne and Sanford Orlando. Over 100 of those races wee at PB. He was all about speed. Get out on top and be first to the turn. Once he did that he wasn't easy to catch and won most of those races, especially in the first half of his career. The first half of his career he was an A/B dog and I would say more A than B. Then it looks like he got hurt and was off for about three months. He wasn't quite the same dog after coming back. He still had the early speed, but was getting caught more. However, even at that point he was still a good racer mostly in grades B and C.

Tangerine Roll shows 17 races all at Birmingham and a few schooling races at Flagler. The first races that show she was already over two years old so she may have run at a track that wasn't reporting to GD or Trackinfo.

She didn't have much early speed and most races didn't close much. There are a couple of races where she did close and was 2nd or 3rd, but those races were few and far between.

Thank you very much for the insights! I'm guessing Deacon's (Devil Himself) injury was a broken toe that ended up healing oddly (it pointed straight up, used to freak people out when they saw it because they thought he'd just broken it!) - we were told when we adopted him that he was "really good" - and I think you just verified. Still brought tears to my eyes to think about my guy young, healthy and tearing around the tracks. I miss that guy so much.

And our dear Tilly (Tangerine Roll) - we always wondered about her. She's is pretty darn quick (just ask the 3 opossums, 2 squirrels and the bunny that she a Deacon caught & killed in our backyard) - but she really REALLY hates anyone or anything to be behind her. Walking her with anyone behind us is just an exercise in futility because she will stop and look back, stop and look back, etc., etc. I think she's was quick, but just not very focused and I think her racing record proves it. Glad she retired early so we could find her sooner. :beatheart

Thanks again!

Dick, I watched some of his races (Vogo Player) and it seemed to me as soon as another dog bumped him, he said, "Pardon me! You go right ahead!" and ended up at the back! Thanks for looking!

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

If you go to Trackinfo you will see he ran 97 times and you can see replays of his races. If you watch his replays the first bold number is the box he is in. Then in the 330 yd races there are two more bold numbers then a little space. The number after the space is where he finished and the number after that is how many lengths he was behind the winner. If he won the race that number is how far in front of the 2nd place dog he was.

http://www.trackinfo.com/dog-search.jsp?keyword=Fabulous+Asset&x=1&y=3&by=exact

Dick

Thank you, Dick! You made my day.