Trying Not To Freak Out

Thanks everyone! She's officially driving me nuts again. Trying to pace around and doing her crazy whine. I keep plying her with cookies to keep her still. She's decided she wants to play with the lure pole. *eyeroll* How we went from screaming this morning to this, I'll never understand. Now she's barking at me!

------

Jessica

Well this morning she's bouncing around 98% normal. I really need to come to GT and whine sooner when the pups get hurt! I'm sure it's part of the critters' "We are going to make Mom look like an idiot" campaign.

I haven't given any meds this morning, so get last dose was at 5pm last night. The only thing I haven't seen her do yet is roach.

I'm going to cancel the vet app for tomorrow. If she gets worse again we can go in on Monday or Tuesday. She'll cuddle on the couch with Gary on Saturday while Rainy and I go hiking with friends.

Thank you thank you thank you to everyone!

------

Jessica

Well this morning she's bouncing around 98% normal. I really need to come to GT and whine sooner when the pups get hurt! I'm sure it's part of the critters' "We are going to make Mom look like an idiot" campaign.

My MO is to throw the dog in the car, rush to the vet, and post on GT and email everyone i know while in the waiting room. That way, the whole world knows I'm cracked!

My MO is to throw the dog in the car, rush to the vet, and post on GT and email everyone i know while in the waiting room. That way, the whole world knows I'm cracked!

LOL, too funny!

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

I am glad she is feeling better! If it is/was a pinched nerve in her neck, or something like that, the key to healing is restricted activity. For at least a few weeks. Do Not believe her when she says she is fine and wants to resume normal activity! Believe me, I speak from experience :lol

Guest skinnerjenna

One of mine acted like that but with the neck bent to the side and they were extremely vitamin deficient in something, I think it was D or B12. Something I was able to get for humans and cut in half. After a week on the vitamin he "straightened out". Simple blood tests will show if that is it. Good luck! -Jenna

I'm probably too late with this advice, but you shouldn't cancel the vet visit. For one thing, methocarbamol (Robaxin) is perhaps the most effective med for tweaked muscles, but it's only available by prescription. Your vet may want to see Sunshine before he'll write you a script, but that's a drug you want to have on-hand. (And it can be filled at your corner people-pharmacy, as can tramadol. Rimadyl requires a vet pharmacy. These days, I use CVS--with a 24-hour drive-thru window.) You don't really want to wait until she's in pain and discomfort, then have to wait for a vet appointment before you can even get the script.

Also, letting your vet see her now, even if she seems to be fine, and letting the vet see your videos, means your vet might be able to act quickly to issue a prescription in the future, without you having to wait for days for an appointment. After my vet had prescribed meds for my ouchy girl, when she had a relapse he authorized a refill without making us come in, especially since I didn't want to make her get in and out of the car right then.

If this should crop up on a weekend, and Sunshine winds up in a lot of pain, you do not want to have to go to the ER just to get her comfortable. (ER vets sometimes are reluctant to prescribe pain meds without expensive x-rays.) What I learned with Sam was that "fine" during normal vet hours didn't mean "fine" at bedtime, and he had an absolute talent for getting ouchy on Friday or Saturday night. After he and I had a nightmare weekend (no one slept), I made sure I had all the requisite drugs in stock at all times.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

That's my usual MO! LOL The current state of my wallet is dictating that I'm a little more planned out. :-(

One of mine acted like that but with the neck bent to the side and they were extremely vitamin deficient in something, I think it was D or B12. Something I was able to get for humans and cut in half. After a week on the vitamin he "straightened out". Simple blood tests will show if that is it. Good luck! -Jenna

Interesting! I never would have thought about this...

I'm probably too late with this advice, but you shouldn't cancel the vet visit. For one thing, methocarbamol (Robaxin) is perhaps the most effective med for tweaked muscles, but it's only available by prescription. Your vet may want to see Sunshine before he'll write you a script, but that's a drug you want to have on-hand. (And it can be filled at your corner people-pharmacy, as can tramadol. Rimadyl requires a vet pharmacy. These days, I use CVS--with a 24-hour drive-thru window.) You don't really want to wait until she's in pain and discomfort, then have to wait for a vet appointment before you can even get the script.

Also, letting your vet see her now, even if she seems to be fine, and letting the vet see your videos, means your vet might be able to act quickly to issue a prescription in the future, without you having to wait for days for an appointment. After my vet had prescribed meds for my ouchy girl, when she had a relapse he authorized a refill without making us come in, especially since I didn't want to make her get in and out of the car right then.

If this should crop up on a weekend, and Sunshine winds up in a lot of pain, you do not want to have to go to the ER just to get her comfortable. (ER vets sometimes are reluctant to prescribe pain meds without expensive x-rays.) What I learned with Sam was that "fine" during normal vet hours didn't mean "fine" at bedtime, and he had an absolute talent for getting ouchy on Friday or Saturday night. After he and I had a nightmare weekend (no one slept), I made sure I had all the requisite drugs in stock at all times.

Romania is definitely on the list of thing to add to my at home pharmacy. :-) I've been out of work since April, or I probably would have kept the appointment. Luckily the local ER that we use is very good about dispensing meds. Last time they tried to discourage me from getting x-rays. But I insisted since I wanted to sleep at night. LOL

Sunshine is still acting normal. I even saw her roach for a tiny bit today. Then she tried to eat the ups guy. Definitely feeling good even without the meds. She's going to be very sad about the restricted activities for at least 2 weeks. I'm considering making it a month. We usually play with the lure pole 4 times a week and that gets CRAZY!

------

Jessica

If you DO go to the vet, keep us posted and good luck. Glad she appears to be feeling much better.

She's been a roaching fool today. No hint of ouchiness at all. This is the second day with no meds. I'm thinking maybe it was just a pinched nerve or something. She did some acrobatics to get into the trash Saturday night. Maybe she hurt herself being a mountain goat?

------

Jessica