Greetings From Texas

Guest allopatry

Guest allopatry

Hello all. Recently found this forum. So many greyhound enthusiasts!

I recently adopted my first greyhound, Pepper. Still figuring out the technical details of this forum. It's a bit like stepping into a time machine... Here are some photos of Pepper: http://imgur.com/a/mOPRl

Shoutout to the Greyhound Adoption League of Texas (GALT) for helping me find my new baby! :)

Welcome from Amarillo. Used to live in Plano. Where are you at? :wave

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Welcome to GT!

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest allopatry

Welcome from Amarillo. Used to live in Plano. Where are you at? :wave

Howdy. I'm in Arlington now. I've been to Amarillo a couple of times. I think GALT has some influence there, but it's mainly a DFW operation.

Guest allopatry

Hi Alex!

Want to make sure you see our Texas gathering on Nov 6-9 in San Antonio! Hope to see you there :)

http://forum.greytalk.com/index.php/topic/308345-remember-the-greyhound-san-antonio-tx/

Sounds fun! Is this held every year? I will be sooo busy that weekend defending my dissertation proposal, attending a meeting in San Marcos, and wishing my father a happy birthday :/

Hi from far east Dallas. My sister lived very near The Parks Mall for many years. Now she is in the middle of nowhere Mansfield.

I love this forum and compared to it's predecessors it really isn't a time machine. There is a lot of knowledge here and it is in real time. Welcome!

Edited by Hubcitypam
gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

Howdy. I'm in Arlington now. I've been to Amarillo a couple of times. I think GALT has some influence there, but it's mainly a DFW operation.

Yes, Galt has representatives here in Amarillo. Greyhounds Unlimited also has taken dogs from Amarillo. This is a very high "coyote dog" area.

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Welcome from another DFW Texan! Both of my greys came from GALT too. They are much older than your beautiful Pepper. ;) Best dogs who have ever owned me!

This is a greyt forum. Lots of info & friends to be made. Someone has almost always seen or experienced whatever you might encounter with your new grey!

Jennifer, mom to Galen (GableTeletubbie) and Trixie fka Mooch (MostAggressive)
Always missing Connie (Connies Fullofit) and Chase (No Worries aka "Ace") & IG Angels Velvet and Bitsy

Guest allopatry

Welcome from another DFW Texan! Both of my greys came from GALT too. They are much older than your beautiful Pepper. ;) Best dogs who have ever owned me!

This is a greyt forum. Lots of info & friends to be made. Someone has almost always seen or experienced whatever you might encounter with your new grey!

Awesome! Just took her to get some ice cream today and she was attracting so much attention! A manager asked me to take her outside and it was obvious that the staff wanted her to stay in the store, haha.