Not Wanting To Be In Bedroom?

Guest OhCatastrophe

Guest OhCatastrophe

so Cleo sleeps in my bed with me(of course!) but lately I've noticed that if I don't lead her into the bedroom (not drag but lead) that she won't go, she goes anywhere else but there.. Why would that be?

All I can think of is its cold. I keep my room around 62-65 at night but she gets a big warm blanket that she's happy to have on...

And once she's in here she seems happy.. Cuddles with me and stuff, no whining or pacing, just sleeping

Any other reason why she would be reluctant?

How does she do on hardwoods, and do you have hardwoods leading to/in your bedroom? When I had Eli, he absolutely refused to come down the hall to my room unless I led him because the hardwoods were scary (and I even had runners down!). Are there stairs that she has trouble with? Could you try putting her in jammie's for a couple nights to see if that solves it? Also, if you give a nightly treat, maybe try giving it in your room.

Mom of bridge babies Regis and Dusty.

Wrote a book about shelter dogs!

I sell things on Etsy!

Guest chickenpotpie

It could be that its initially cold, could be that she's just being a diva Lucky generally goes to bed on her own; about 9:30. If its cold in there she comes out and gives me 'that look' then comes over and damn near smothers me with her body. :hehe So I have to go in and fix her covers for her. She dosen't sleep with us, she has her own bed.

Maybe put jammies on her before bed time, or, have you tried giving her a bed of her own?

Guest OhCatastrophe

How does she do on hardwoods, and do you have hardwoods leading to/in your bedroom? When I had Eli, he absolutely refused to come down the hall to my room unless I led him because the hardwoods were scary (and I even had runners down!). Are there stairs that she has trouble with? Could you try putting her in jammie's for a couple nights to see if that solves it? Also, if you give a nightly treat, maybe try giving it in your room.

Thankfully there's carpet everywhere other than the kitchen and no stairs! I'll try the Jammie's and treats :)

Guest OhCatastrophe

It could be that its initially cold, could be that she's just being a diva Lucky generally goes to bed on her own; about 9:30. If its cold in there she comes out and gives me 'that look' then comes over and damn near smothers me with her body. :hehe So I have to go in and fix her covers for her. She dosen't sleep with us, she has her own bed.

Maybe put jammies on her before bed time, or, have you tried giving her a bed of her own?

I wouldn't doubt that she's being a diva... And I've also been meaning to get another bed.. But I kinda need her on mine.. She comforts me and since my boyfriend isn't here all the time, it's nice. Cleo cuddles are the best!

Edited by OhCatastrophe