Emergency Splenectomy

Guest babyphoenix

Oh no, I'm more sorry than I can express. It's truly crushing. Please know we share your sorrow and most of us have felt that horrible loss. You fought hard and did your best to make the right decisions. You did all the right things, keeping what was best for Phoenix as the top concern. If you'd not tried you would always have wondered if you gave up too soon. You were with him when to say goodbye. Phoenix was deeply loved and he knew it. Hold on to that. It will help in the days to come. It is hard, so very hard. Things will get better. It just takes time.

Run free, Phoenix the eternal puppy, and watch over your family.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest elizabeth7418

I am so sorry for your loss. I just read through this entire thread last night, and you were definitely in my thoughts. Know that you did all that you could, and he knew how much you loved him. :grouphug

I am in shock. I checked in to see how he was doing at home. I am so very sorry. Many hugs to you and your family.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

:ohno

I am so very sorry......

Edited by BatterseaBrindl

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

I'm so very sorry.......I, too, thought I was going to read an update about how well he was doing at home.

I'm so glad you made it there to be with him. He'll be with you forever in your heart.

Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog.

Guest MnMDogs

I've been following your posts, and never expected to see this. I'm so sorry, and my heart breaks for you.

Edited by MnMDogs

I, too, have been following your journey with Phoenix and just did not expect to see your sad post last night. My heart goes out to you, you fought so, so hard and with everything. It does sound as though your baby boy waited for you to be with him, so that you could hold him and tell him again how very much you loved him. I am so very sorry. :grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

This is one of those times when words seem inadequate to convey how deeply sorry I am. You fought so hard for Phoenix, and you loved each other so much. I hope that brings you some comfort in the days ahead. :grouphug

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

I too have been following this thread and was checking for an update on how he was doing at home. I am heartbroken to see this news. I'm so very sorry for your loss. Rest well, sweet Phoenix; you were and are so loved.

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

Phoenix's passing is heartbreaking to many of us from afar. We were all rooting for him and now with this sad news, we are stunned and are so very sorry. You did everything for you boy and he knows that. Again, so very very sorry.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I am so very sorry for your loss. One year ago next week, we lost our ten year old girl Specky to a splenetic tumor. We did an emergency splenectomy, but they had to euthanize her on the table as the cancer had spread so much and was so vascular. One year later and my heart still hurts. But it does get better. At first all I could think about was the pain, but with time, you start to remember all the good times too. Give your heart the time it needs to heal. Sending you many hugs.

Carol Ann.

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.