Had To Say Good Bye To Comet

heartdogs

Comet came to us from Ok about 5 years ago. She wasn't tattooed as she had been a coyote dog that was almost torn in two but still had the most wonderful out look on life. We called her a clown as she would talk & smile all the time. Pitbull rescue pulled her from a shelter & got her to our group as they knew she shouldn't be living on cold conrete. This poor girl had reoccuring ehrlichia but no heartworms. Her kidneys started to shut down a few months ago & this weekend she refused to eat or drink so yesterday Laura & I took her for her last ride. Comet was only 9 so this seems so wrong, she'd had a hard life before coming to us & it seems like she was short changed by only getting 4 good years.

Run free Comet, you left 2 houses of heart broken family here. No more pain for you. :brokenheart:brokenheart:angelwings

Just please know that the very, absolutely best years of Comet's life were with you. You were all so blessed to have found each other. Now I have to go find a Kleenex. :grouphug :grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I'm so sorry. Comet sounds like a brave, funny, beautiful lady.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I am so sorry for your loss but celebrate the love and time you shared.

Debbie

groupwindia-greytalk2.jpg

The handsome boy Brady, mid-morning nap. The sun, the sun feels so, so, so good.

I can't keep my eyes open ... ... Retirement agrees ...

... and the Diva Ms India, 2001 - 10/16/2009 ....

So sad to hear...sorry for your loss. She got to live with your wonderful family and know joy. Run free, sweetie.

Qui me amat, amet et canes meas...et felem.

Olivia (RDs Merrygoround, b. 4/6/07, Gotcha 12/19/11

Chloe (PAR Candice, b. 5/22/08, Gotcha 12/18/12)

Guest normaandburrell

I am so sorry for your loss. We lost our first grey at age 9, only 6 short years with us. It is never long enough. Take comfort in knowing that her last years were also her best years. Run free, Comet. :gh_run2