Afternoon Rooing. Turning From Adorable To Excessive

Guest BiggiesOwner

Guest BiggiesOwner

The past week Biggie has gone from sleeping peacefully throughout the day till his afternoon walk (which he gets super excited about) at 5pm. His normal schedule is 6am pee walk, breakfast, 730am long walk, then 5pm pre-dinner long walk. During the inside time (while I'm working from home) Biggie was usually conked out happily in the living room while I worked in the office. The days I am in the office/visiting my parents - he has happily stayed in his bed refusing walks till 6pm. So I don't think this is a potty issue.

This week everyday starting around 2:30 or 3pm - intermittent 3-4 minute bursts of rooing until 5pm. Probably about 7 or 8 bursts total. LOAD elongated, howling rooing. He sounds like a greyhound/wolf hybrid. It's gone from an adorable quirk on Monday to my clients/superiors asking me what the heck is going on in the background on Tuesday/Wednesday.

Not sure if he thinks this will get his afternoon walk/dinner time moving faster or he's just discovered a love of afternoon roo concerts. Any one else's grey turn into Pavarotti for extended periods out of no where?

Guest normaandburrell

My Iceman will try to get me to feed him his dinner earlier and earlier. I suspect Biggie is trying to get his walk and dinner early. Does he respond to a firm correction?

Guest BiggiesOwner

I've been just trying to ignore it and not give him any reaction (show him he gets nothing from the rooing) but thinking maybe corrections are next. I also didn't think this would be turning into a daily concert everyday this week haha Biggie is full of surprises.

It took Brady months to find his voice, I think I was so concerned about it that, I questioned his foster mom to make sure everything was okay. She told me he'd find his voice and he did but it was months after we were together.

Brady roos more than he barks, but does something between the 2 when he thinks its time for dinner. As the days get shorter, he starts earlier. Biggie might think it is later than it is because the days are getting shorter.

Debbie

groupwindia-greytalk2.jpg

The handsome boy Brady, mid-morning nap. The sun, the sun feels so, so, so good.

I can't keep my eyes open ... ... Retirement agrees ...

... and the Diva Ms India, 2001 - 10/16/2009 ....