Spit Up/throw Up

I've had my new guy for nearly 3 months now and he appears to have a spit up problem. He is crated during the day, so when i come home, he gets out and runs, jumps and is silly and then gets a drink. Very frequently, he attempts to run & jump right away usually spits up part of the water. I noticed the pattern and i stop him after he drinks.

Some mornings he doesn't want or doesn't eat the full 2 cups of kibble. This morning was one of those mornings and he barely ate a half cup (plus pumpkin) and threw up. Funny thing is, he only threw up the kibble.

I'm not really sure how to proceed at this point and he hasn't ate anything unusual that I noticed. I feed both Ernie & Walter Kirkland chicken & rice (purple bag).

7218108076_e406044464_t.jpg 7004700518_27fa752995_t.jpg Walter (Windy Walker) and Ernie (PG Ernest) @WalterWallerson and IG: WalterandErnie 7150803233_d0700ccbdc_t.jpg 7004711314_ceba54665a_t.jpg

Does he drink it too quickly or eat too quickly?

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si). Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Does he gulp his food and eat very fast? If so, put a upsidedown cereal bowl inside his food bowl to help slow him down. There are commercial food bowls you can buy to do the same thing.

If he's not eating too fast, he just may not want to eat that much. All of mine have needed to have their food amounts adjusted at some point after coming home. When he throws up the food, is it an actual vomiting episode or more of a spitting up something that's backed-up sort of thing?

My dogs will also spit up water if they take a big drink (or eat) and jump around. I don't think it's so much of a medical problem as just getting excited and forgetting to swallow completely.

Chris - Mom to: Lilly, Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

35764734494_93de5b5963_b.jpg

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom

Is he drinking immediately after eating? I have to withhold water from Wendy for 10-15 minutes after feeding otherwise she urps up the water.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Guest emeraldfire2004

Another way you can slow him down ondrinking....do this sometime with my Windy; leave the muzzle on when he's drinking. If the water is too cold it causes them to spit up.