Comfortis Dosage

buddibear

Never had an issue with comfortis. I have chewable tabs for 60-120 pound dog. Dal is 90,Grey is 78, poodle is 58 and new foster is 66. New foster has few fleas so I gave her a tab after meal. 2 hours later she throws it all up. Is dosage too much . I may go back to Frontline plus for her.

How long after the meal did you give it? I had the same issue with Trifexis the first time I gave it. . With Trifexis, you actually have to give it with the meal, like right in the middle of eating. Comfortis may need to be given the same way if the dog has this reaction. I never had another problem with the Trifexis coming back up after giving it during the meal instead of afterward.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Vomiting and nausea are common side effects of Comfortis and probably not at all related to dosage in your case. Sweep has never thrown up afterward but was definitely not herself the first couple of doses...she was lethergic (even for a greyhound!) and probably queasy. I always give it to her within 5 minutes after a meal and she has been fine since those first couple of months; maybe it just took some time for her system to adjust. She is 61 lbs and I give her the 60-120 lb pills as well. My very greyhound-savvy vet assured me that even though Sweep was right at that cut-off line between doses, that is the correct amount to give her.

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

I split the pill over the course of the day, 1/2 morning and 1/2 evening. That's all that would work for Pudge.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png