Whinning

Guest emeraldfire2004

Guest emeraldfire2004

Hello everyone....My Windy turned 12 in March has been the perfect Dog. But recently she is whinnning all the time! She whines when her beds messed by (which she messes up by circle about 5 or 6 times before she settles in). She whines when she wants to go outside (she use to come get me or just bark). The worst part is at night about 3 or 4 in the morning she will start whinning...I get up let her out and she will not even get off the porch. Took her to the vet, no problems. Can any one help? PLEASE...Hard to go to work on only 4 hours of sleep! :ghplaybow

Could she be cold? Just a thought.

Even with the AC on or cooler nights, she may be at an age where she gets cold easier. Try some PJ's and see if it helps. It may not, but it was sort of my first thought when you described her actions.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Guest emeraldfire2004

Thanks to everyone for your help. She does not show any signs of anixety at night, and does not like to be covered. I have bought several lightweight coats and she will Whine until I take them off of her. Last night she started whining at 3 a.m. and than started crying....I ran downstairs to check on her and she was asleep! I gave a light pet and said everything was ok and and she seem to quite down a little....maybe a bad dream? When I came downstairs in the morning she had wet her bed! She has never had an accident in the house....not even after she was bitten by a copperhead. Why whould she have wet her bed and not the floor; she not crated?

Anymore help would be greatly appriecated.

V/r

Liz

This issue reads like it happenned pretty quick. Sure sounds like it might be acute/physical? Just because the vet and or the lab didn't find anything the first time doesn't mean there's nothing there. Could be a lot of things. I would have another go at a vet before just dismissing it.

Guest emeraldfire2004

Racindog,

Racindog,

Sorry, Seems I am having some computer issues...she just came from the vet last week? you think I should go again? That billlabs was $300.00

Racindog,

Racindog,

Sorry, Seems I am having some computer issues...she just came from the vet last week? you think I should go again? That billlabs was $300.00

To me it depends on what they did etc. For instance at this point I would want to ask about a culture and sensitivity urine analysis if they hadn't done it yet. The quickie test they do at the office can miss things. Stuff like that. You know your dog best-what is she telling you? What is your 'intuition' telling you? Also as a chemist I hate to have to say it but it is not uncommon for any given test to give false or nebulous results-all sorts of things can happen. Sure hope she gets better quick whatever it is. Poor baby. I know its sad to see them ailing and not be able to figure out what it is.

Guest emeraldfire2004

Racindog,

They did all the blood; urin and poop test and drew blood; everthing came back normal. She's eating and drinking and playing; it's only at night when all the whining and and crying strarts.

Yes, this is killing me.

Thanks again

Liz