Sudden Issues With Being House Broken

For about a month now Sidney seems to just pee whenever he wants. We let him out every day at the same times, yet he will randomly just get up and start peeing in the house.

He recently had a complete physical with dental, so we know its not a medical issue.

So what is going on and what can we do to help this behavior end?

Greyhounds: Amelia (Cataloosahatchee 9.10.17) & Carmen (Rebellious Bird 8.23.17)
Kitty: Biggi Paws (7.4.13)
Horse: WC Kharena (2.28.17)
Rainbow Bridge: Raider Kitty (4.1.01 - 8.12.21), Sidney (Kane's Seminole 11.14.08 - 9.26.19 ), June (Potrs June 6.1.09 - 3.1.19) Bella the Rottweiler, Kitties: Spike, DC, Gilda, Killer, Sophie & Nala 

One of mine, I'm guessing Joe, has also just starting pottying in the house. He's physically fine. I'm attributing it to the kitchen being a construction zone and general turmoil. Fortunately, he's only going in the kitchen, so we can't complain much. We're walking him more, and I'm trying to avoid wearing earplugs at night so he can wake me easily. (Hard to do with snoring hubby and nesting hounds.) It sucks. I'm sorry.

Have you done a urinalysis? Sterile urine culture? Is he drinking more water than normal? Does his urine seem dilute, or is it concentrated? What were creatinine, BUN and glucose results on his blood work and how long ago was it done?

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Have you done a urinalysis? Sterile urine culture? Is he drinking more water than normal? Does his urine seem dilute, or is it concentrated? What were creatinine, BUN and glucose results on his blood work and how long ago was it done?

No we haven't. I don't think he's drinking more than normal. Urine seems normal color too. Not sure about the levels of those... they said levels were normal. We just had the bloodworm done maybe 10 days ago?

Is he urinating a large amount or does he seem to be marking? If he seems to be marking, you could try a belly band.

Hmmmmm.... it seems like a lot, but he does go for a long time when he does. The times we catch him he is quick and stops but I wonder if that's because we are jumping up and yelling?

Thx for the questions gang... let me try and get some real answers to these.

Greyhounds: Amelia (Cataloosahatchee 9.10.17) & Carmen (Rebellious Bird 8.23.17)
Rainbow Bridge: Raider Kitty (4.1.01 - 8.12.21), Sidney (Kane's Seminole 11.14.08 - 9.26.19 ), June (Potrs June 6.1.09 - 3.1.19) Bella the Rottweiler, Kitties: Spike, DC, Gilda, Killer, Sophie & Nala 

You need to do a urinalysis and possibly a sterile culture as well (I would probably start with the U/A and then proceed to the culture if the former is negative as a culture can pick up bacteria that the urinalysis has missed). A UTI is the first thing I suspect when a housetrained dog starts going in the house. A urinalysis may also pick up early signs of disease like kidney issues that the blood work didn't. So you definitely haven't ruled out medical issues yet and its always best to do that first.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

You need to do a urinalysis and possibly a sterile culture as well (I would probably start with the U/A and then proceed to the culture if the former is negative as a culture can pick up bacteria that the urinalysis has missed). A UTI is the first thing I suspect when a housetrained dog starts going in the house. A urinalysis may also pick up early signs of disease like kidney issues that the blood work didn't. So you definitely haven't ruled out medical issues yet and its always best to do that first.

I agree with doing the urinalysis.

Thanks!