Max

rsieg

I introduced myself and my greyhound Logan about three weeks ago.

Max is the new dog, adopted last week. He is a 10 yo black male, racing name Iowa Rainey Day (not such a good racer, only ran 17 races never came in better than 3rd :-)

Anyway, here are some pictures:

58cf8603-328c-4746-9118-4ec62e6d7ff8_zps2014-09-08100517_zpsbaed7e0b.jpg

and here are a couple of Max and Logan learning to co-exist.

Sharing the couch (working pretty well):

2014-09-13195540_zps744f1697.jpg

and the back seat of the Ford Fusion (not so well, Logan tends to snark a bit till they settle down):

2014-09-20151832_zpsd7d2c389.jpg

- Rob

Rob
Logan (April 7, 2010 - July 9, 2023) - LoganMaxicon15K.jpg - Max (August 4, 2004 - January 11, 2018)

Welcome to your new addition! Max is a handsome boy.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Welcome home Max! I love the old boys. :beatheart

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Max looks like he's well acquainted with a sofa. Glad that Logan and Max are doing well together. Besides having handsome boys, you have a handsome fence.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Thanks for the comments. They are doing really well together, and are kind of complementary. Max doesn't roach, while Logan does; but Max plays with toys in the backyard, which Logan doesn't.

Only problem is still trying to get them both in the backseat of the car without snarking (from Logan). I tried again today, and they were fine going down to the park together, but they are tired coming back home and so Logan barks whenever he thinks Max is encroaching on his space. Here they are on the trip back:

2014-09-21151254_zps70fd6a3a.jpg

I think the ah, lack of contentment, is obvious. Hasn't gone beyond the occasional bark, so I think It will work for short trips (the nearest park is only about 6 miles away), but unfortunately I don't think taking both dogs together on a longer trip is realistic.

- Rob

Rob
Logan (April 7, 2010 - July 9, 2023) - LoganMaxicon15K.jpg - Max (August 4, 2004 - January 11, 2018)

Congrats!!! Max is a black beauty.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Excellent stinkeye in that picture. Hmmmm. Do you have the footwells filled in so they can have as much room as possible?

Logan is the master at stinkeye, especially when he wants to go a different direction on a walk:

2013-10-24_09-22-57_404_zps682dd58f.jpg

I've thought about filling the footwells. I have pillows and blankets there, but not enough to get it level with the back seat. Not sure what would give a surface sturdy enough for the dogs to trust laying on it.

- Rob

Rob

Congratulations!!! They are both so handsome!! That is a small space for 2 males, my Max used to snark @ my girl Sara in a much larger space, LOL, I now have a Toyota Van without any back seats for my 2. They sell shapes that fit on floor and are level with seats to extend area for dog, maybe Google "seat protectors dogs" and this item will be there.

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

I have a good set up in the back of my Kia Sportage. I only use the front seat of my car. I bought a dog fence from Pet Smart and have it right behind the driver's and passenger's seat. I used two crate deviders and tie wrapped them to each other and then tie wrapped them to the dog fence from Pet Smart. Now they both have their space and are separated from each other. I keep a leash anchored on both sides of the fence. That way I can get one dog out of the car without loosing the other. This set up works for me.

• 4 weeks later...

I've thought about filling the footwells. I have pillows and blankets there, but not enough to get it level with the back seat. Not sure what would give a surface sturdy enough for the dogs to trust laying on it.

There are specific products sold for this, although I don't know what they're called. I put in cut pieces of foam rubber from an old mattress and tuck a rug over it all. Very sturdy, and makes a world of difference in amount of room. Other people use stacks of newspapers, folded cardboard boxes, etc. Some people put in a "sling" product made of sturdy canvas that anchors on the back and front seat neck supports.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter