Peanut 11/28/05-9/19/14

Guest Kristen

My poor sweet Peanut. I am at a loss without her and don't know how to go on. She was fine this morning but shedding terribly. I thought I would brush her upon letting her out. I was brushing her and like normal she curled her spine but this time something horrible happened. She fell over suddenly struggling to get up and I was trying to help her then she just fell flat and screamed and then she was gone. Needless to say I have not been dealing well. I tried to help her but there was nothing I could do. All I can do is keep thinking why and if I just wouldn't have brushed her or if I didn't leave her out she would still be here. I miss her so much and it hurts so bad. I feel like it is my fault and it is so hard to stop blaming myself. I miss her so much!

I'm so sorry to read you have lost her. These horrible things just come out of the blue.... brushing would not have been to blame and I expect being brushed would have been her last and happy memory. Most likely a catastrophic failure of blood supply to the brain, something just waiting to happen and they go out like a light. Run free at the Bridge Peanut.

What a shock! I'm so very sorry for your loss. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Sending lots of hugs :bighug

This is very similar to how my Jazzy left me. The feeling is horrible. :cry1 You were with her giving her loving care. She knows she was loved.

Godspeed Peanut.

How tragic, I am so very sorry. As others said, she left this world knowing love and a soft touch. Wishing you peace.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

How awful for you. I am so very sorry for your loss. Unfortunately, things just happen and we don't know why.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

.... brushing would not have been to blame and I expect being brushed would have been her last and happy memory.

I know all too well how easy it is to question what you have done and if you had done something different then the outcome would not be as it is.

I hope instead that you will see your actions as your final confirmation of your love for her before her passing; her last happy memory as JohnF pointed out.

:_pink

I'm so very sorry. What an awful shock for you, and a terrible loss.

Godspeed Peanut.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I'm so sorry

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

That is a devastating way to lose a beloved pet. Not only are you dealing with the loss, but you are feeling guilt, anger and remorse. Please know that it was not your fault. Let yourself grieve---you need to do that in your own way and your own time.

Your pain and your love are so clear, and we are sharing your sadness. Believe me, she knew that she was very loved, right up till the end.

I'm so sorry you lost your precious Peanut.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I am so so sorry. :'(

Mom to Macho (JS XtremeMachine 1/12/2007 -8/17/2012 ... Gotcha day 9/2/2011. I miss you BigMan)
Moonbeam (Ninos Full Moon 11/1/2009, Gotcha day 9/2/2012), Hattie (Kiowa Hats Off 4/14/2011, Gotcha day 10/13/2012), Keiva (JS Igotyourbooty 1/12/2007, Gotcha Day 1/8/2014)
Jimmy (Blu Too James 06/26/2014, Gotcha day 09/12/2015)
, a shepard mix named Tista, some cats, and some reptiles.

I'm so very sorry. :f_pink

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

I am so sorry for your loss and for the devastating circumstances. As others have said, sometimes it just isn't possible to know why things happen as they do, so please be kind to yourself. :grouphug

Rest in peace, sweet Peanut, loved and remembered always.

:f_pink

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

I'm so sorry. The pain of a sudden loss can seem unbearable. Please know... It is not your fault. Nothing you did caused it or could have prevented it.

Run free, Peanut.

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)