Peanut 11/28/05-9/1914

Guest Kristen

My poor sweet Peanut. I am at a loss without her and don't know how to go on. She was fine this morning but shedding terribly. I thought I would brush her upon letting her out. I was brushing her and like normal she curled her spine but this time something horrible happened. She fell over suddenly struggling to get up and I was trying to help her then she just fell flat and screamed and then she was gone. Needless to say I have not been dealing well. I tried to help her but there was nothing I could do. All I can do is keep thinking why and if I just wouldn't have brushed her or if I didn't leave her out she would still be here. I miss her so much and it hurts so bad. I feel like it is my fault and it is so hard to stop blaming myself. I miss her so much!

We lost our beloved Jonelle in September of last year. She died very suddenly early one morning. When we found her she was still warm. I know the hurt you feel and that will take time. However, please don't think that you caused this or there was something you could have done. Trust me, I have been down this road and I can save you the trip. It happens this way sometimes. If she had been at the vet the moment it happened it would have ended the same way. I am so very sorry for your loss of your girl. Sending prayers for your heart to heal.

:f_pink

greytalksignatureresized.jpg

How very sad. I'm so very sorry for your loss. And please don't blame yourself. Sounds like it couldn't be helped.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Guest normaandburrell

I am so sorry for your loss. We lost our Brassy the same way. We gave him a bath, he shook himself hard, and broke his hip. We relived those moments over and over. It is so hard. But you have to know this would have happened anyway. You were giving her care, you were with her at the end, and she suffered very little. Run free, girl.

Oh no, how awful! I'm so very sorry. I can't imagine the shock you must be feeling. Please don't beat yourself up. You did not cause this to happen. :grouphug

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

We lost our beloved Jonelle in September of last year. She died very suddenly early one morning. When we found her she was still warm. I know the hurt you feel and that will take time. However, please don't think that you caused this or there was something you could have done. Trust me, I have been down this road and I can save you the trip. It happens this way sometimes. If she had been at the vet the moment it happened it would have ended the same way. I am so very sorry for your loss of your girl. Sending prayers for your heart to heal.

:f_pink

This. It sounds as though Peanut's situation was one of those unpreventable acute events that break our hearts but there is nothing we could have done at the time to help. Please take Greymomnc's sage words to heart, and take comfort somehow that you and Peanut were together when it happened. Peanut knew you were with her, I am sure of it. I am so, very sorry. :grouphug

To the other posters with your losses :grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

So very sorry for the sudden loss of your peanut.

Please don't beat yourself up.

Remember all the good times.....

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

I'm so sorry for your heartbreaking loss.

Godspeed, Peanut.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

What a horrible shock; I'm so sorry. There's nothing you could have or should have done differently to prevent this. Please go easy on yourself. Rest well, Peanut.

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

I am so sorry :( please don't beat yourself up. Sounds like a clot to me too and would have happened no matter what. The fact that you were there with her when it hit and she wasn't alone when it happened is what I would focus on. :(

sending many, many hugs.

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Kristen, what an awful way to lose your sweet Peanut! I am so very sorry for your loss and the trauma. Have you spoken to your vet?

It might give you some peace to hear from him or her that there was likely nothing you could do.

It must seem like it was your fault, because it happened when you brushed her, but there was obviously something wrong that was hidden--

it could have happened to her the next time she got up from a nap and stretched, if you hadn't brushed her, and wouldn't have had you by her side.

I hope you eventually find some answers and peace. We're all thinking of you.