Adding Weight Ideas - Without Satin Balls

Hubcitypam

This Thread is a bit old but just what I was looking for . My Morty was at the Vet last Thursday and he has lost some more Weight. He is down to 60 lbs. He can't afford to lose more Weight. So I read all the Post's and I will break out my Crockpot and go to the Store for any kind of Chicken Parts . Rice and Vegetables as By Product . My Morty is a very poor Eater and not at all Food Motivated. He is on Purina Pro Plan ( Adult ) and Natures Choice Grain Free Salmon, Sweet Potato , Pumpkin mixed in . Maybe I should go to Puppy Stage Dog Food .

I to want to know , do you feed your Dog twice a Day or just once a Day ? Morty is active but I would say not very active.

We feed our dogs three times a day. If we feed only twice the "output" would not be good, and once would be a nightmare! We feed in the morning at 7:30 AM, then at about 5 PM and then about 10PM. All meals are about the same size.

We are in luck My neighbor who talked me into take him on a "not really sure what he is" basis bought 1/2 a steer and has a couple of hundred pounds of ground beef. Will try satin balls and advise. He is what you'd call a hard keeper.

He's been eating twice a day with Beneful things in the tub or Mighty Dog.

Good luck getting some weight on him! We've had the best luck in getting our Monty to add a little weight by just adding in beef chunks (without the digestive upset of the added fat). Or venison trimmings when I had a coworker with a son and husband who hunted deer every year. Monty loved those times....

• 1 month later...

Still not having a ton of luck adding weight but he seems happy and his coat looks OK. His "grandma" came to visit today and said they could never get him to eat when he lived out in the barn....

Have been using my RAOUL diet...reasonably appropriate use of leftovers.

Edited by Hubcitypam
gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Scarter55

When we want to pack a few pounds on to Lady, she gets a couple of spoonfuls of peanut butter. Try to get some where the only ingredient is peanuts, with salt is ok as well. I'll usually see the difference after a week and it's a special treat for her as well. I'll also freeze some in ice cube trays along with pumpkin purée for treats, especially on hot days.