Brooks Tangled With Our Neighbor's Cat

I hope your dogs both heal up with no complications. I also hope the neighbor's cat heals, and this will convince her to KEEP HER CATS INSIDE! Ferals are bad enough, but most of them are dog savvy enough to avoid yards with dogs. I just hate it when people let their pet cats roam :angry:

Sorry, rant over!

We're very friendly with this neighbor. They have two dogs as well. When we fenced in our yard, we actually added a gate in the woods between our properties so they could come over with their dogs for firepits, etc. Unfortunately, we're in a very wooded, mostly rural area and I guess their cat is accustomed to having more of a barn cat lifestyle. I had never seen him before today, to be honest.

She made a half-hearted offer to help defray costs (which were nearly $1,000--summer vacation is cancelled, I'm sorry to say) but if her cat was also injured, I'll have a hard time taking her up on that offer. I just wish I had responded to Kali's barking more quickly and this whole thing could have been avoided.

Drew and occasionally DW Melody, with Rosie (AMF Ready Made) and Marvin (Bella Riddick) in Louisville. Forever missing Brooks (KC Bastone) and Kali (Swish).

My neighborhood has a problem with feral cats also and I always find them in the back yard. Brady has no interest in them (at the age of 10) and ignores them giving them time to get over the fence. (I have been lucky so far.)

I hope Kali and Brooks heal well with out complications and sorry about your vacation.

What is holding Brady's interest these days is a ground hog that treks across the front yard and along the outside of fence to the woods behind us... We have only encountered it while Brady is on the leash. Brady lays down and just watches him. Have not figured out a way to change the ground hogs trail.

groupwindia-greytalk2.jpg

The handsome boy Brady, mid-morning nap. The sun, the sun feels so, so, so good.

I can't keep my eyes open ... ... Retirement agrees ...

... and the Diva Ms India, 2001 - 10/16/2009 ....