Sudden Seizure Death

Guest kolegekreed

I have also lost one girl very suddenly. It is devastating and my personal experience was I kept asking myself if I missed something. It is now more than I year and I still miss her horribly, but I am learning to live with it. Your boy was very blessed to have such a wonderful, loving home. I'd love to see pictures of your boy if you post them.

What an awful thing to happen. My condolences to you.

Yes, seizures can be triggered by late stage kidney disease and yes, they can be randomly fatal. They are caused by a cascade of toxin-overload related chemical imbalances affecting pH and hydro-electrolytic function. There can be physical symptoms causing them too including arrrhythmias, hypertension, heammhorage, sepsis and even malignant hyperthermia.

I've lost 3 dogs to renal failure over the years and have always endeavoured to let them go just before the really bad end-stage crisis renders quality of life intolerable. It doesn't get any easier even if you do know what's going on.

I like to think of a dog passing like that having stashed a will away somewhere for you to find that might say: 'Don't let my passing put you off having another dog when the time is right, let my legacy be in the form of you giving a loving foreverhome to another rescue dog.'

When I worked at the day care the 7 a.m. shift (sometimes me) came into dogs that had passed in the night. All were over 10. Some had preexisting conditions and some seemed in perfect health. Sometimes I think the stress of boarding and/or grooming might set some horrible domino effect.

I'm so sorry for your loss. :) Please hang around here.

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

Guest kolegekreed

Im trying my darndest to get photos to work on this message board...it keeps freezing my computer. It wont let me paste an actual link, and I typed it in correct and it still doesn't work. Any advice on getting the forum tools to function correctly?

Edited by kolegekreed

Guest beetle_slayer

Open an account at photobucket. Look on the thread for how to post photos or you can email to me and I will post it. jbrewer@boardwalkautogroup.com

My brother had a seizure one night out of nowhere. He was in his thirties. It was an isolated incident. A friend has a 10yr old grey that had a seizure just after a walk; isolated incident. Its hard to say why without testing. I lost a grey after she broke the same leg 3 different times in just a couple of months. When asked if we wanted to do tests, I declined because it wouldn't bring her back. My opinion and not advice is to just be heartbroken the way you are. As others have stated, you will start to wonder what you could/should have done. Nothing will undo this. Don't go knockin on doors that don't need knockin.

I have a cancer girl I will most likely lose within a year and have lost one already. It just plain sucks.

I can't imagine how shocked and sad you are. The suddenness of the loss adds an extra layer to your grief, and you are dealing with all those unanswered questions as well. It's got to be devastating. I wish I had some answers, but like the others, can only add my sympathy.

I hope you can get Photobucket to work for you. After that, it's pretty easy to add pics---even I can do it. You'll just copy the pics you want, then you can minimize, go to GT and write your post. Click on the little landscape icon above---it's the 11th one---which will then show the URL to paste.

Even if you can't get the pics to post, I think it helps to write a tribute in Remembrance. Honoring your special boy and knowing that others understand, may ease the pain a bit.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

We lost our Jack in a similar fashion. One moment he was playing with a stuffy and happy we were home, the next he yelps and is in what look like full seizure mode. He died in my arms and I can only hope he knew I was there with him. We lost him at 8.5 yrs old.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.