A First Post

Guest SaltiDawg

Guest SaltiDawg

Congratulations on your new addition!

We just submitted our application and are in the process of being vetted... no addition yet!

Your advice sounds great re contacting the foster persons and ask how the dog is doing on their choice of food... and discussing a strategy for change if required.

I'm working up the courage to post another question - th advice I received in this thread was solid!

Guest Johberry

OK, do you think Greyhounds have a monopoly on couch potato staus?

CouchPotatoes.jpg

Ahhh! I love English Bulldogs...sooooooo cute! Thanks for sharing. P.S. Welcome to the forum from a fellow Newbie. :)

Even if you continue feeding the same food your new hound was eating before, there may be some days or weeks of "nervous stomach" from the move to a new home. Or not. :)

Beautiful bulldog pics.

Like your screen name, especially with your naval background.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Guest kkaiser104

And you thought Greyhounds had trouble with stairs - my first litter at 41 Days Old in 1998:

41EightIsEnough.jpg

OK, do you think Greyhounds have a monopoly on couch potato staus?

CouchPotatoes.jpg

Oh my! You're going to fit in just fine :rofl

You will quickly discover that poop is a huge topic of conversation. There could be a whole separate section for it! Color, consistency, and every aspect of poop is the subject of intense scrutiny and discussion. :lol:lol:lol

You will know quite soon if the food you chose is working or not. Sometimes you get a dog with a cast iron stomach, and nothing bothers them. Sometimes a grey will have a bit of sensitivity and you'll need to try a few things. Also, most greys need a good de-worming upon coming home, or shortly thereafter. This will usually help in the poop department, too.

Welcome and congrats (a bit early!)

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Guest SaltiDawg

You will quickly discover that poop is a huge topic of conversation. ...

As a past breeder blessed with large litters, I have some experience in that direction.

When pups are born, Mom licks the pups to stimulate the pups to pee and poo. She ""recycles" both products by eating them.

she continues to do this until the very hour they have received their first solid food - in my litters I did this at about age 3 1/2 weeks. Inside of a week, each pup is producing more poop then their mother is! I had four adult girls and eight pups at the worst time. That is more poop than produced by twelve adult dogs.

And of course I needed to examine each and every load for parasites and consistency and color.

I hate dog poop! :hehe