Guest Malia

We have gotten our first foster greyhound Juno and we are already in love with her. She settled right in on the first night and has become extremely affectionate within the first 2 days. The poor girl had a broken left hock which is what ended her racing career, but we're slowly walking her on leash and she's showing a lot of progress.

I'm not sure we'll be able to give her up when someone inevitably wants to adopt her >.>

photo3.jpgphoto4.jpgphoto5.jpg

Gorgeous girl! :beatheart:beatheart:beatheart:beatheart:beatheart

What kind of jam will you be having on your toast? :bgeorge

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Very pretty girl! I've never been able to successfully foster. I am in awe of those who can do and am so glad they are out there. Good luck with whatever you decide. :D

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Hey, I've seen these pics! This is (was) Heart, right? She is gorgeous and definitely sounds like a keeper. Sweep is an All About Hounds girl too! :)

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

What a beautiful girl! And it looks like she's doing greyt being in a new place.

My first hound had a healed rear hock that looked like a squirrel had stashed a winter's supply of nuts in there, but did fine 99.9% of the time.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Hey, I've seen these pics! This is (was) Heart, right? She is gorgeous and definitely sounds like a keeper. Sweep is an All About Hounds girl too! :)

Yeah! She is Heart. We're calling her Juno at home because the bf wants a slightly less "girly" name as he puts it. I love the All About Hounds organization in Nashville. They've been super supportive and helpful in setting us up for success as first time foster parents.

Juno's racing name was Hallo Heart Acre, and she's from Pensacola.

We took her to socialize around my college campus today and she was just a real social butterfly. Another fun fact, she somehow automatically knows to fetch so playing is a ton of fun.

Yeah! She is Heart. We're calling her Juno at home because the bf wants a slightly less "girly" name as he puts it. I love the All About Hounds organization in Nashville. They've been super supportive and helpful in setting us up for success as first time foster parents.

Juno is a great name. And, yes, AAH is awesome! We had a million questions and reservations about dog ownership (Sweep is our first) and they were always so helpful and patient. And we couldn't have asked for an easier hound. I am super impressed that you're starting with fostering one right off the track. Glad things are going so well and hope you'll post more!

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

Not yet! We're still hanging on as fosters (by a thin thin thread)....

It's getting harder every day. Yesterday she learned to "sit" and today she learned to "lie down"....

Someone better adopt her quick before I do change my mind. Anyone want a beautiful red brindle girl who is as easy to train as a lab? :D