Not Eating As Much?

Guest OhCatastrophe

Guest OhCatastrophe

So Cleo use to get 4 cups a day. It's now recently down to 3 because we started training and so she gets more treats.

But lately she hasn't been eating much. She gets really excited for food and then only eats half of it.. If that much.. I did just put her on a new food but she was doing it with the last bag of food too? So I don't think it's the food change. I don't know what's wrong.... :/ any ideas??

your lucky she's limiting her intake. she's getting the extra calories in training, so if she's not loosing weight i personally wouldn't worry. if her ribs and hip bones start really protruding, that's another story. back bones/spine usually show if the dog has a slight roach(curve), that's pretty normal. i usually cut down on kibble when i'm training- 3-3.5 cups daily vs. 4 for the male, 2 cups for the female.

Guest OhCatastrophe

your lucky she's limiting her intake. she's getting the extra calories in training, so if she's not loosing weight i personally wouldn't worry. if her ribs and hip bones start really protruding, that's another story. back bones/spine usually show if the dog has a slight roach(curve), that's pretty normal. i usually cut down on kibble when i'm training- 3-3.5 cups daily vs. 4 for the male, 2 cups for the female.

It wouldn't hurt for her to lose a couple pounds! I just hope she doesn't start losing a lot...

It's just so not like her to not eat... She's probably only eating 1-2 cups a day, if that..

Guest chickenpotpie

Heat can play a role. Has it been hot there? If its too hot, Lucky will refuse food. If shes having an anxiety attack (always associated with thunder) she will refuse to eat. Now of course, when those events are done and over she's 'TARVING! :hehe

If she's pooping fine and isn't losing weight quickly, its probably nothing to worry about. I don't feed Lucky as much as I used to when I first brought her home either. Just follow her lead and feed her a little less.

Guest OhCatastrophe

Heat can play a role. Has it been hot there? If its too hot, Lucky will refuse food. If shes having an anxiety attack (always associated with thunder) she will refuse to eat. Now of course, when those events are done and over she's 'TARVING! :hehe

If she's pooping fine and isn't losing weight quickly, its probably nothing to worry about. I don't feed Lucky as much as I used to when I first brought her home either. Just follow her lead and feed her a little less.

She does get finicky when it's hit but it's been pretty cool here.. She just been doing this for about a week so we'll see if the weight comes off quickly or not