Hello All Greyhound Lovers!

Guest cnewby2

Guest cnewby2

Hello everyone!

Been reading this site for quite a while, since me and girlfriend decided that a Greyhound would be a great addition to our family, and through all the questions I had, I almost always landed at this site. Finally decided to join! That, and I also need a little advise of my own which I posted in the appropriate thread... We are trying to bring a greyhound into our home as an only dog, which really seems to be a little more difficult that we expected with separation anxiety. We both work, and being our only dog (or pet at all), seeming like it's a little hard for them to make the adjustment.

Well, just wanted to introduce myself, and thank all those who are regulars or frequent posters as for the past several months I have been gaining very valuable information from this site and your responses. I look forward to talking to y'all more here in the forums!

Chris

Welcome!! You will be getting A LOT of advise on your questions here. I'm not sure from your intro that you already have a grey or not? It doesn't sound like it. We have 2 greys but got one initially and most greys are fine as only pets. Sep anxiety is a big issue, not one that I have to deal with much because one of us is at home most of the time and we don't leave our dogs alone for more than 3-4 hours. The big thing that I would say is make sure a greyhound is right for you. They LOVE routine. Most will have some anxiety, but that is probably true for most dogs, especially at first. It is a 6 month transition period from first coming home and to when things can get into a real routine. They are very smart dogs that have big hearts and if you love dogs you will certainly fall in love. Many folks on GT will talk about how to handle a dog when both people work. Expect some upfront work and you will rewarded for years.

5621ebf0-6541-442b-a53f-100a3975572f_zps

Hello and welcome! :wave There's a wealth of knowledge to be had here.

Edited by galgrey

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest cnewby2

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! We do have a greyhound in our home now, a male named Freebie. He is a retired racer. He is very sweet, and we are really hoping we can get him comfortable and confident in our home, and definitely get him into a routine.

No matter what anyone on here says, you CAN have just one! Cody was an only for the entire time I had her (8.5 years)!!

Congrats and welcome!

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge