Meet Violet

Guest Joni

Haha, I typed out a long introduction post and then accidentally deleted it. But let's face it, you're just here for the photos anyway.

Meet Violet, our first greyhound! She's an almost-3-year-old brindle (on the small side at 51-52 pounds) who raced under the name of WW's Trixie. My husband and I have three kids ages 11, 9, and 6 and she loves all of them, but mostly the little one. We adopted from USA D.O.G. (we live just north of Indy and they are just around the corner from us!) and couldn't be more happy with our decision!

Violet napping in the grass. She LOVES the backyard. (I'm glad we got it fenced for napping and zooming purposes!)

20140817_184827.jpg

Resting on her stuffed dog. She casually murders him every morning. He doesn't seem to mind.

20140828_165728.jpg

Gratuitous tongue shot as she works on her antler.

20140828_144915.jpg

Learning about Apatosauruses.

20140819_162637.jpg

Violet and Amy... a love story for the ages.

20140819_192437.jpg

Edited by Joni

Welcome Home Violet! Goodbye green grass...... :bgeorge

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Welcome...she looks adorable.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Learning about Apatosauruses. :lol You never know when it will come in handy. LOVE that pic. Welcome home Violet!!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Learning about apatosauruses and casual stuffie murdering: sounds like Violet has retirement down pat! :thumbs-up She's a beauty. Congrats to all!

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

She's a beauty!

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

:wave from Eastern Ontario

Our Nixon also,loves kids and is a certified Children's Therapy Dog. We go to a local school once a week to help children with their reading skills.

Looks like Violet is doing a good job with that, too,

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Thanks, everyone! I keep pinching myself at how well Violet has adjusted to her new home and life. She must have been waiting for us!

The Apatosaurus picture is a favorite of mine because the first greyhound agency we applied to actually turned us down - in their view, greyhounds can't get along with small children. I tend to think that a girl who can read a book about dinosaurs out loud, unassisted, isn't really "small"!

Welcome to beautiful Violet and all of the rest of your family.

I agree with the age thing -- a 1-4 yr old is a small child. A 6-yr old is a kid.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter