Dental Next Week. Talk Me Off The Ceiling? Pics Added.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:hope Sending good thoughts for a routine procedure and quick recovery.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Any updates?? :hope

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

:clap Hope the rest of the recovery is easy.

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

I have one of those all in one walking leads that I use for trips to the vet. Easy to get over their heads. I got mine on eBay years ago after doing a search for greyhound walking leads.

Hope he feels better soon. I'm trying not to panic over Mickey's dental on Monday, so I was hoping for good news on your guy.

Mazy's getting her dental on Monday too. I can't decide if your thread about fretting about Joe has calmed me or freaked me out more. :lol

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Sorry, Ducky!

He's still not interested in water, ice, or orange sherbet. Not dehydrated, so I should probably just have another beer and let him sleep. He peed a river when I picked him up.

Since he's not eating or drinking, I should wait until tomorrow to start Rimadyl and Clindamycin, right? I have Tramadol on hand if he gets owie, and he doesn't react badly to it.

Oh -- $477.50 with a single extraction. (+ $100 last week for exam and senior bloodwork) Would've been about 3x that at my local vet. And I scored a bunch of free noms! It was dog walking time when I dropped him off, so I got to walk a couple girls while I settled down. If anyone wants a GIANT girl who can only be a single hound, Flo is awesome!

ETA:

Burpdog crumbles did the trick. Three, mushed up, were hoovered right down. After that, some water went in. He doesn't look stoned anymore, either.

Edited by Riverhound

Glad he is finally drinking.

I would start the Rimadyl tonight. That will take care of any pain. I would wait on the antibiotics when he has some food in his system.

gallery_24215_3397_4722.jpg

Carolina (R and A Carolina) & Rebel (FA Ready).
At the bridge: Kira (Driven by Energy) 7/19/97 - 6/17/04 & Jake (Jumpstart Dude) 9/12/00 - 1/24/15

When did they tell you to start meds? Sometimes you don't need to start until the following day because they've given injectable meds that day.

ETA: I wouldn't do Rimadyl on an empty stomach.