Strange Incident For Magic

Magic has had some kind of incident a few times over the last few weeks. He'll be sleeping and then will wake up and start shaking his head. He gets up and seems disoriented. Is this something as simple as sleep walking or waking up after a sound sleep? Could this be a type of seizure? He walks around but doesn't seem totally aware of his surroundings.

The times I've seen it have been rather late in the evening after he's been sleeping soundly for a couple of hours. After a few minutes, he settles down again and is fine the next time he gets up.

Carol, missing Magic (1/5/01 - 4/15/15) but welcoming Fuzzy's Joy Behar (Joy) into my life on 5/31/15.

It's possible it's a seizure. I guess he could be sleepwalking, but I'm not sure I've heard of it in dogs before. How long after he's eaten does this happen? Could you get a video? It's probably a good idea to bring him into the vet for some blood work.

Sounds like a seizure...:(

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

There are some theories that seizures are connected to sleep cycles.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

My greys siezures would happen in the evening and he would wake from sleeping with it. His were different. he would get up and start blindly running into walls and stumbling and become unstable on his legs. we would have to hold him until it passed, he was not aware of his surroundings.

Edited by cometdust1

One of mine had these. I called them dumb seizures. they'd forget how to do the simplest things.

We figured them to be bouts of Hypoglycemia. We would give high cal/sugar snack.

Like honey or mashed potaoes and gravy. The honey worked the quickest.

She lived to 15 so they really had little impact on her life.

Having also had a real seizure dog, i too belive that seizures and sleep cycles are related. Most of his seizures where in the middle of the night.

gallery_9376_3027_10401.jpg

Nancy and

Grace - Andicot 2/1/07

Solo - Flying Han Solo 3/20/11

Missing: Murphy, Shine, Kim, Sprite, Red Dog, Lottie & Harry