Hello :)

Guest VerbingNoun

Guest VerbingNoun

In all honesty, I have been creeping around here for some time. Google has brought me here occasionally so I figured I should just join.
I'm from California and my first thought about adopting a grey was all the way back in 2006 but it just didn't happen. My husband and I are getting ready to move and build a house...a bigger house where we can have big dogs comfortably lol. We don't plan on actually adopting till about the end of 2015 or 2016 but figured I should start research anyway.

So that is that. Hello out there!

:welcome2 Good to start your research early! Lots of knowledge here and knowledgeable people, but I'm afraid you might be convinced to adopt before 2015 if you stick around long enough. You just keep perusing the Cute and Funny section to see all the pics..... ;) Enjoy!

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015

Welcome from Delaware. I don't know how you will be able to hold out that long.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest Lygracilux

Welcome to GT! Everyone here is so warm, welcoming and definitely knowledgeable. And I agree, I don' t know how you will be able to hold out until then, I have to wait another month and I'm going coo coo! :riphair

Guest Houston1219

I live in 700 square feet of vertical space (townhouse) and we get along just fine with our 70lb boy! It really is like having a really large cat lol. Quiet, lazy, and clean. He's the only housemate I could stand sharing with (besides BF, of course!)

Guest VerbingNoun

haha you guys are great! Yeah I have been waiting a looooong time. We're moving to the country and putting up our house on a family farm. They need help, we love the country...just worked out perfectly.
But that also means no fence right now :(
After the house is done and the fence is up, yes we will be applying lol.

Guest sireltonsmom

Good luck - you might find a group to volunteer with as you go along. A fenced in yard would be a luxury! I'm not suggesting you move your timeline, but many of us don't have a fenced in yard. Good exercise for the hounds and me to walk. Do enjoy the Greytalk forum in the meantime.

Who needs a fence? Only people physically unable to or too lazy to walk. I have a tiny yard I almost never use. It is perfectly doable to have a greyhound without a yard if you are committed. I think my greyhound has a better, more stimulated and active life with four walks a day and some trips to the dog park. All the dogs in yards are clearly envious of her when we go by.

Love your username, and welcome!

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

Welcome! As others have posted, enjoy the Cute & Funny and Everything Else forums. Don't get too freaked out at the health, food, and training forums -- remember that people usually post there only when there's a problem, not during the majority of time that goes smoothly.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...