George Of New England (Driven By Chile)

GeorgeofNE

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm always sad when other people's hounds leave us, but George was extra special. I spent that last week and every day since feeling like I'd lost one of my own. Hugs to you, Chikken Arms, and thank you for loving him enough for all of us.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Thank you everyone for the kind words.

I like to imagine that he is with my father now, looking down on us.

When I saw George's name here the first thing that came to mind was your father and George keeping him company now even if he is only there in mind or heart. I hope that brings you a measure of comfort in your loss. It's tough losing someone you loved so much even when you know your doing the right thing for them.

:f_red

Susan, I am so sorry to hear about George. My heart sank when I saw his name.

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

I'm so sorry for your loss. I think of George as one of the original GT hounds from when I first joined the site, and I can't believe he is gone. You captured his voice so poignantly and so cleverly. He will be missed by so many. Thank you for sharing him with us.

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

George :wub: . I have so enjoyed your sharing him and his unique wisdom with us. I'm sorry he couldn't stay forever with you.

Godspeed, George.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest IrskasMom

Susan , how are doing today ? The Days after are so hard and lonely .Please don't stay away from here :)

Edited by IrskasMom

i can't believe he's gone--Godspeed George, you will be missed by many.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Susan, it's been a very long time since I've been on GT. I am saddened and shocked so much more than I could ever begin to express. I am so sorry. Xoxo

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Oh, sweet George.

I have been away for a week, and this was the first time I logged onto GT, and my eyes went wide when I saw George's name.

Thank you for ALL the stories and life-commentary as told by George over the years... a character that will ALWAYS be remembered.

many prayers for you

Amy and Tim in Beverly, MA, with Chase and Always missing Kingsley (Drama King) and Ruby (KB's Bee Bopper).