New From Ne

Guest Greyt_livin

Guest Greyt_livin

Hi everyone!

My Grey Ryan will be 3 next month and have had him almost two month :inlove He's a big boy at 84 pounds and has a quiet sister Maltese at 15 pounds. He learned how to snatch things and hoard them in his crate from day one!!

Parkjog_zpse2ebbd07.jpg

Concertinthepark_zps3c393089.jpg

LookMomatoe_zps0090dac0.jpg

Hello and welcome to you, Ryan, and his little sister! Looking forward to hearing more about your boy and seeing more photos. He's a beautiful boy.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest normaandburrell

He is a beautiful and happy looking boy. We have a big boy too (80lb) who is a kleptohound. He is very good with small children.

Guest sireltonsmom

Welcome! Ryan is gorgeous. the two very white doggies are cute. I have a white and black girl and a red fawn kleptoboy who is just 3. It's so fun to watch him. He makes a particular noise when he steals so he never gets away with it! :gh_runner:ghplaybow

Guest Greyt_livin

Thank you everyone!

When they brought Ryan down to meet his sister, Avalon "Avie" and to do the home check he went to the kitchen and grabbed all three bags of cereal each one at a time I had on a shelf to take with him. He just walked right past us like it was now his. They are now in the boxes they come in and he doesn't care for them anymore. Yep, he trained me! Not to have a phone book in reach, not to have a box of tissues anywhere he can get to, not to read the paper without giving him a section. I have found my phone, camera, books, in his crate and only when I knew I had them handy. In the first week I was doing some alone training and upon my return I found my Retired Racing Greyhounds for Dummies with the front and back cover torn to pieces all over his rug. Good thing I have excellent tapping skills and saved it. <_< I love that goofy guy!

Welcome! What part of the state are you in? I'm originally from NE but I live in Phoenix now (it's a dry heat!) Your boy is beautiful. I'm sure you're having fun with him and should have you almost trained by now :hehe

I'm from Lincoln. I've been to Phoenix as I have some family who lives down there in Tucson. Tell yourself it's just dry. It's so hot! Well, the rest of the year is good. :lol:

I've seen exactly two Greys about 15 years ago at the dog park and two Greys are now living downtown in an apt near where I work. Now one in the middle of the city, next to a park :gh_bow That my experience of them. Very happy to find a place where I can see some everyday and learn more from all of you.

Welcome to you, Ryan, and Avvie. Love the underpass pic.

My current boy emptied out an entire bookshelf one day. I came home to about 20 shredded books.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Wasserbuffel

HI! I know that Ryan, he spent the night at my place and helped me cook breakfast before going to his foster home right before you adopted him.

FYI, just around the time you adopted him I created a Facebook group called "Omaha Greyhound Lovers", there are lots of locals on there sharing pictures and stories. The mom of the two living in an apartment in downtown Lincoln is on there as well as at least one other couple.

Katie