I Forgot To Introduce Myself...

Guest Wasabi303

Guest Wasabi303

Hi from Portland, Oregon!

I just recently joined GT seeking advice and I have now realized that I forgot to introduce myself and my hound.

My name is Katie and I am a college student, originally from Colorado but currently living in Portland. I have a ton of experience with horses, but very little experience with dogs.

My hound's name is Wasabi, formerly Bart's Looper. She is 2 1/2 years old and I adopted her on June 1st of this year. She is my first greyhound and my first dog. We are getting to know each other this summer and things are going pretty well. Together we passed a level 1 obedience course last week.

Here is a picture of Wasabi in a giant bean bag that she attempted to claim as her bed. Hello Everyone! :D

5tde4wtl.jpg

Hello to you and Wasabi! Welcome to GT! She's a lovely stripey girl. Can't blame her at all for trying to claim that fabulous bed. :lol

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Hi from Maryland! Wasabi is a great name!!

And I think that's the proper size bed for a grey!!!!! (However, if you'd left her on there long enough, there would probably still have been a bed-fail!! :bgeorge )

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Hello & Welcome to GT from Texas! You will find so much good advice here on greyhounds - and a lot of other topics! And there are many 'horsey' people here too.

Looking forward to more pics of Wasabi. She is gorgeous!!

Jennifer, mom to Galen (GableTeletubbie) and Trixie fka Mooch (MostAggressive)
Always missing Connie (Connies Fullofit) and Chase (No Worries aka "Ace") & IG Angels Velvet and Bitsy

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to say that I love your hound's name! I make martingale collars, and I previously have one called "Bento Box." It has sushi on it! I clearanced it out and stopped making it awhile ago, but I have a bunch of extra fabric. If and when you become a collar addict, let me know. I'd be happy to make one for you! :)

il_570xN.523595175_ts8h.jpg

Guest Wasabi303

Just wanted to say that I love your hound's name! I make martingale collars, and I previously have one called "Bento Box." It has sushi on it! I clearanced it out and stopped making it awhile ago, but I have a bunch of extra fabric. If and when you become a collar addict, let me know. I'd be happy to make one for you! :)

AHHH the sushi collar is so cute. Maybe I will make it a x-mass gift to my goofy girl. :bgeorge