Huston Update 9/9

9/9 Calcium normal. Recheck in a week. Here's hoping! He is just about back to normal :)

9/5 p.m. He had a seizure half an hour after I dropped him off :cry1 Bit his tongue, etc. Vet just took him for a walk and he is fine but he'll stay there the rest of the day.

I started the compounded calcitriol last week and I have not had a good feeling about it from the beginning. Back on the good stuff.

9/5

He's at the vet for a little bit. Scared the heck out of me at 2 a.m. Came in from the yard on 3 legs. The leg he was holding up was in muscle spasms. I gave him 2 Tums and some calcitriol and he went to sleep (I couldn't) and when he got up he was fine. I took him in for a blood test and vet wanted to keep him until he had the results.

Good news is that he has gained a little weight :)

8/30

Hund N Flocken a big hit (most likely until I buy a big bag). He even ate breakfast. Here's hoping his bowel likes it as much as his mouth :lol

8/29

Calcium level in normal range at 11.1. BUN and creatine coming down slightly. Here's hoping. Vet said recheck in two weeks I said one week :)

Some slight symptoms of low calcium this morning and I wanted to take no chances so he is there :(

Edited by Burpdog

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:( sending positive health and scritches for Huston, hugs and strength to you.

Mom to Macho (JS XtremeMachine 1/12/2007 -8/17/2012 ... Gotcha day 9/2/2011. I miss you BigMan)
Moonbeam (Ninos Full Moon 11/1/2009, Gotcha day 9/2/2012), Hattie (Kiowa Hats Off 4/14/2011, Gotcha day 10/13/2012), Keiva (JS Igotyourbooty 1/12/2007, Gotcha Day 1/8/2014)
Jimmy (Blu Too James 06/26/2014, Gotcha day 09/12/2015)
, a shepard mix named Tista, some cats, and some reptiles.

Aww, Huston. How do they treat him for the calcium, Diane?

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Praying hard for your boy.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Excellent!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Glad you caught it and hope baby boy is feeling well this evening :wub: .

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Don't forget to breathe. Please update in the am!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

What signs of possible low calcium was he showing

Apparently this is for high calcium also: when he got up he walked stiff legged in the back for a bit. Then he went to drink water and had what looked like a mini cervical event (lasted about a second). When he laid down after going outside (and he did trot in), his one shoulder muscle twitched. That was enough for me to take him.

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits