I'm feeding both the Olewo carrots and the Olewo beets. I add coconut oil. Princess LOVES them.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest Johberry

Do any of you find that the Olewo carrots make your hounds' stool crumbly? lol, I'm not complaining as his stools have always been formed but very soft when he came to us. The Olewo has firmed up the stools and has increased both the volume and the number of times he has to go. Curious about everyone else.

galgrey, thanks for the coconut oil tip and am now looking to add the Olewo beets into our boy's diet.

Was using olive oil, will try coconut oil. Jack has been eating them now and his poops are so much better, even later in the day. Stools are not crumbly but are firm and easier to pick up. I give one tablespoon a day split into two meals, usually make the carrots (tablespoon) at one time then split between breakfast and dinner. Carrots tend to expand a lot over between meals. Does anyone make up a bigger batch and then dole it out or are people making specific batches for each meal. Jack has a hard time waiting the time it takes for the carrots to be ready for his meal. Do not notice that Jack is going more than usual since starting using.

Was using olive oil, will try coconut oil. Jack has been eating them now and his poops are so much better, even later in the day. Stools are not crumbly but are firm and easier to pick up. I give one tablespoon a day split into two meals, usually make the carrots (tablespoon) at one time then split between breakfast and dinner. Carrots tend to expand a lot over between meals. Does anyone make up a bigger batch and then dole it out or are people making specific batches for each meal. Jack has a hard time waiting the time it takes for the carrots to be ready for his meal. Do not notice that Jack is going more than usual since starting using.

I make up several days worth at a time a keep it covered in the 'fridge because Princess also has a hard time waiting. :)

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

I have been using the carrots with coconut oil. I use about a tablespoon in the evenings with a teaspoon of oil. I make it on the spot. My guys get excited, but they can wait 10 minutes for it to soak up in the bowl. I haven't noticed more frequent out put, but my boy who has always had very soft stool now has nice firm ones every time! It's the little things ;)

amr236.jpg
**Shellie with GiGi aka: Good Girl (Abita Raginflame X Ace High Heart) and two honorary hounds Butter and Bella**

https://www.etsy.com/shop/GiGisCloset2?ref=si_shop

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Johberry

Still loving the Olewo carrots and since we're already running low, ordered the beets which came this evening and are excited to try tomorrow.

Curious how everyone stores their Olewo products? We order the 2 lb bag and have been using a large bag chip-clip. Wondering if it's better and/or okay to store product outside of its original bag and in an air-tight glass container like a mason jar or montana jar? Does anyone know if storage of these dehydrated products matter too much? (We use a couple 2.5-gal glass montana jars to store dry kibble and so far haven't had any problems with anything going rancid/bad.) Or maybe I'm just getting too carried away and it's fine to leave in the original packaging and just continue to use a chip-clip?

I'm so glad that I found this product. It has made such a wonderful difference in all of my dogs. I haven't tried the beets yet, but I've been thinking about it! :)

Edited by BellaBean

amr236.jpg
**Shellie with GiGi aka: Good Girl (Abita Raginflame X Ace High Heart) and two honorary hounds Butter and Bella**

https://www.etsy.com/shop/GiGisCloset2?ref=si_shop

Guest Johberry

BellaBean, I second the sentiment! We, too, had been debating about trying the beets and finally took the plunge a week or so ago. We've been putting both the carrots and beets in our hound's kibble with much success. We do soak the beets so he can digest them better. He gets this combo for breakfast every morning and his poops have been next to perfect! :)

Thanks to everyone who replied about storage. We're continuing to use bagclips and placing the packages inside a large glass montana jar for good measure.